Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Wembley 🍕

Eddie

6 minutes ago, Manchester_whites said:

Latest on Plymouth 

D3323401-773C-465F-89F3-E9D092DA603A.jpeg

I'd say we'll edge them then as they've probably maxed out already. We might get a couple of thousand more on 'open' sale. 

Just under (or over) 60k at Wembley. Biggest game of a generation for any kid born since 2012 if not before. 

Don't knock it. 

1 minute ago, stevieb said:

I'd say we'll edge them then as they've probably maxed out already. We might get a couple of thousand more on 'open' sale. 

Just under (or over) 60k at Wembley. Biggest game of a generation for any kid born since 2012 if not before. 

Don't knock it. 

Thought we had already sold 29000. I reckon 31000. Them about 26500

1 hour ago, paulhanley said:

I originally guessed at 28,500. With open sale to come I'll up that to 31,000. Can't see many more being sold. Knocks spots off what we sold for our previous two finals in this competition in the 80s ... both about 25,000 from memory.

That prompted me to look at our results in 86 leading upto the Bristol City final (attendance 54,502, about 10 times our average crowd).  I hadn't realised before that 4 of our last 5 games that season were in this competition, I went to all 5. 

We didn't play the northern semi at Darlington till May and within 8 days we'd won a 2 legged final v Wigan as well as our last league game at Chesterfield. 

4 cup ties in May, I remember the excitement of extending the season by 3 weeks, unheard of in pre-play off days.

9 hours ago, Traf said:

1100 at Euston? I get to KX at 1045, I'll catch up with you.

10:57 kings X for us. Need a plan of where to head to from there if all quiet by Wembley. 

I keep hearing about designated areas but not sure where they are. 

29 minutes ago, Ani said:

10:57 kings X for us. Need a plan of where to head to from there if all quiet by Wembley. 

Mcnallys if heading off at Kings cross. That would make me jealous

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, little whitt said:

think us lot are supping round Baker St 

about 15 mins from Wembley so im told 

There are three tube stations with Wembley in the name, North Wembley, Wembley Central (Bakerloo line) and Wembley Park (Jubilee & Metropolitan lines) 

Bakerloo and Metropolitan both run through Baker St but to different stations. Is there a favoured Wembley tube station for each end of the stadium?

• Site Supporter

I did my own homework. I know I shouldn’t but I laughed a bit about the wheelchair advice. 

There are three stations serving Wembley Stadium. Whichever one you’re arriving at, click below for real-time information:

Wembley Park Station (London Underground Jubilee and Metropolitan lines)
Wembley Stadium Station (Chiltern Railways)
Wembley Central Station (London Underground Bakerloo line, London Overground, London Midland and Southern lines

Step-free access and low-level ticket machines are available at all three stations. However, Wembley Central Station is step-free from street to platform, but not from platform to train.

Looking for the latest train times and fares? Just visit National Rail Enquiries or call 0871 200 4950.

seems they didn’t really think things through.

2 hours ago, Ani said:

We’ll be in the Wetherspoons at Baker Street station about 10. Globe across the road opens at 11 as does the Alllsop arms just round the corner which is a great boozer 

Less than 15 mins direct on the tube to Wembley Park about 2ish