Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Bristol Rovers (a) Last match of season

MickyD

• The topic was pinned

Be interesting to see what Evatt does.

rest some key players for the playoff games or go full strength and try to go into them on a high.

If it were up to me, I’d be wrapping Charles and Bradley in cotton wool and maybe give Santos 45 minutes if he’s ready 

13 minutes ago, Mantra said:

Be interesting to see what Evatt does.

rest some key players for the playoff games or go full strength and try to go into them on a high.

If it were up to me, I’d be wrapping Charles and Bradley in cotton wool and maybe give Santos 45 minutes if he’s ready 

Put Santos on second half for a run out

• Moderators

No body knows the current fitness of the players better than the players, evatt and staff

Leaving them out wont be to avoid a broken leg ffs

Its likely they are all carrying niggles, be it bruises or strains, just a question of degree

I reckon its very rare they play without something  not 100%

Im definitely in the get the minds and bodies fixed if necessary camp

Toal, Williams (Both), Sheehan, Santos, Thomason & John have all played less than 30 games this season, so shouldn't be knackered but may be carrying injuries or niggles.  Bradley, Trafford and more recently Dempsey have the energy of a Duracell bunny (and Bradley has had a couple of rests through suspension).   Victor, Shoretire, Dan & Kachunga have been in most match days squads  for their respective teams and us all season but have had few full games post xmas.  Johnston has had 35 games but had a rest through injury recently.

The ones who could do with a rest are Jones (keeps running but a few games recently has looked shattered by the end), Morley and Charles (who are both playing like they need a rest).  I'd rest all three, but not sure we have any cover for Jones unless Rico is back on Saturday.

1 hour ago, TrickyTrotter said:

Toal, Williams (Both), Sheehan, Santos, Thomason & John have all played less than 30 games this season, so shouldn't be knackered but may be carrying injuries or niggles.  Bradley, Trafford and more recently Dempsey have the energy of a Duracell bunny (and Bradley has had a couple of rests through suspension).   Victor, Shoretire, Dan & Kachunga have been in most match days squads  for their respective teams and us all season but have had few full games post xmas.  Johnston has had 35 games but had a rest through injury recently.

The ones who could do with a rest are Jones (keeps running but a few games recently has looked shattered by the end), Morley and Charles (who are both playing like they need a rest).  I'd rest all three, but not sure we have any cover for Jones unless Rico is back on Saturday.

I agree and I'd definitely play Rico (unless he's totally not up to it) as he need's at least an hour to gain some match fitness before the important 3 matches.

Curious about Santos thigh injury. Obviously not a rupture as that would require surgery and months off so it must be a strain and if it's a grade 1 he should be running by now whereas a grade 2 would probably give him no chance of the playoffs - and yet I haven't heard any reports of him training yet.

With thigh strains, the longer it is rested the better but at some point he has to start getting back to work to be ready. If he really has a chance of making the playoffs, I wouldn't include him in the Brizzle squad but use the following week just to get him running around.

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, Wanderlust said:

Obviously not a rupture as that would require surgery and months off so it must be a strain and if it's a grade 1 he should be running by now whereas a grade 2 would probably give him no chance

Hope your physio report means it’s a grade 1 strain