Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Glastonbury 2023

Zico

• Members
3 minutes ago, Not in Crawley said:

Does it? Bit judging that.

I think so

White, middled aged professionals with no artistic talent but an eagerness to be involved; quite possibly a mid-life crisis thing

They think it's quirky or avant-garde but it's really just cringeworthy

Just now, Lt. Aldo Raine said:

I think so

White, middled aged professionals with no artistic talent but an eagerness to be involved; quite possibly a mid-life crisis thing

Hey if thats your take fair enough.

• Members
Just now, Lt. Aldo Raine said:

I think so

She doesn't quite fit the above definition but this "performance" by Yoko Ono is of the same ilk

• Members
2 minutes ago, Not in Crawley said:

Her art is really very good though.

So what do you define as good music?

Well, it can only be subjective so I suppose in that sense there can't be good or bad

I think I'd agree with the Lemmy quote you posted - I like quite a wide range of styles and genres (although I struggle with heavy metal and quite a lot of techno)

To be fair, there's even music I don't particularly like but still respect, if that make sense

Sometimes quality musicianship, lyricism, stage presence, etc. just has to be admired

As we’re calling out for prentention I’ll ask again was there a media blackout of Christine and his Queens? Hopefully it was a scrumpy induced nightmare 

Sparks banging out the 70s stuff (when they were a huge influence on synth pop which is why you need to understand your music history) was superb. Some of new stuff sounded like 70 year olds trying to be cutting edge strangely enough.

• Site Supporter

I loved Sparks back in the 70s and enjoyed watching on TV at Glastonbury, I really enjoyed Astley too.

Only time I've been to Glastonbury was 2002 and Spiritualized on the Other Stage, was the best gig I've ever seen. Nothing came close to that from what I saw this year.

5 minutes ago, green genie said:

As we’re calling out for prentention I’ll ask again was there a media blackout of Christine and his Queens? Hopefully it was a scrumpy induced nightmare 

Sparks banging out the 70s stuff (when they were a huge influence on synth pop which is why you need to understand your music history) was superb. Some of new stuff sounded like 70 year olds trying to be cutting edge strangely enough.

Christine and the queen's on Iplayer 

More than you'll get for SEBs kitchen disco. 

35 minutes ago, green genie said:

Their last album is great. The third Sparks album influenced a lot the band people like now who are calling them pretentious. Especially the brit pop bands folk fawn over.

Mind you, if someone hasn't listened to Here Come The Warm Jets or the first two Roxy Music albums then they are missing out.

I thought Astley & Blossoms were fucking dreadful doing a full set of Smiths covers.

I'm not averse to acts doing a couple of classic covers, but to do a full set list of someone else's stuff (badly) is a desperate act.

1 hour ago, Traf said:

I thought Astley & Blossoms were fucking dreadful doing a full set of Smiths covers.

I'm not averse to acts doing a couple of classic covers, but to do a full set list of someone else's stuff (badly) is a desperate act.

At last, sanity reigns.

To be honest I thought a headline act playing the UK Subs was the most subversive thing I've seen.

Also, fucking hate hippies.

• Site Supporter
7 hours ago, Traf said:

All this "even better than the originals" bollocks is unbelievable and a massive insult to Morrissey & Marr, who helped shape the UK music scene.

Who said they were "even better than the originals"?

• Moderators
8 hours ago, Traf said:

All this "even better than the originals" bollocks is unbelievable and a massive insult to Morrissey & Marr, who helped shape the UK music scene.

They could've got Marr to join in, he was there, did a few songs with Pretenders