Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Glastonbury 2023

Zico

• Moderators

Caught up with the Foos 

Enjoyed it but as always the evening went shit when someone's daughter is allowed to get up and sing for everyone and everyone else has to pretend to like it

Was driving back home last night listening to the AM set. Funny me and my Mrs were just laughing at his pub singer voice but my middle daughter (who wasn't around/aware of the first albums) loves the later ones.

I guess it's where you come in at. She thinks I bet you look good on the dance floor is a pile of poo.

I did say if you like this I've got some Scott Walker albums you might want to give a whirl and listen to what he's aiming for....like a massive old Dad pillock.

On another note after 7 hours driving as soon as I hit Bolton at half one in the morning, it started raining. The kids just went, does it ever stop raining here?

• Site Supporter
Just now, Not in Crawley said:

More tickets released for next Friday at Hyde Park- very tempted but 5th time might be going into obsessive territory.

I’ve seen Pearl Jam, the Foos and Iron Maiden more than that.

you’re not even close to obsessive. Yet.

• Moderators
9 minutes ago, Not in Crawley said:

More tickets released for next Friday at Hyde Park- very tempted but 5th time might be going into obsessive territory.

That's fine 

I've done Foos, Supergraass and Charlatans more than that 

Saw Supergraass 3 times in 2005 and twice in 4 days in 2010 in Manchester then Paris where we managed to blag into the after slow party

5 hours ago, Zico said:

That's fine 

I've done Foos, Supergraass and Charlatans more than that 

Saw Supergraass 3 times in 2005 and twice in 4 days in 2010 in Manchester then Paris where we managed to blag into the after slow party

I've done the Wedding Present at least once a year since 1987.

• Members
2 hours ago, Cheese said:

Rick Astley already putting on an infinitely better show than Arctic Monkeys did last night.

Surprisingly entertaining.

Playing again tonight , with blossoms doing smiths covers set.

• Site Supporter
6 minutes ago, burnden said:

Whats the craic with that Billy No Mates ? Grim when an artist is asking for their set to be removed off the bbc due to personal abuse after the set .... https://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/music/news/billy-nomates-glastonbury-set-abuse-b2363451.html

I think she’s ace.

But because she sings to backing tracks rather than a live band (which would just be someone stood at a synthesiser playing backing tracks) she’s copped a load of abuse as a “karaoke singer”

Which is absolute bollocks.

Itll be people who complain that the Killers aren’t headlining all 3 nights and wonder why Abba won’t turn up.

• Moderators
7 minutes ago, Spider said:

I think she’s ace.

But because she sings to backing tracks rather than a live band (which would just be someone stood at a synthesiser playing backing tracks) she’s copped a load of abuse as a “karaoke singer”

So like Ian brown then?

1 hour ago, Spider said:

I think she’s ace.

Which is absolute bollocks.

Itll be people who complain that the Killers aren’t headlining all 3 nights and wonder why Abba won’t turn up.

So like the prodigy, chemical brothers etc have done for years. But the person pressing play is stood off stage rather than behind a laptop on stage.

• Site Supporter
31 minutes ago, frank_spencer said:

So like the prodigy, chemical brothers etc have done for years. But the person pressing play is stood off stage rather than behind a laptop on stage.

Correct.

As shit as I think bands like the killers and arctics are, I’d never deny they were talented outfits worthy of their popularity.

Mind you, Tor (Billynomates) needs to learn to ignore nonsense on Twitter. I posted something last night about Alex Turner but I doubt me comparing him to Tony Angelino is going to bother him very much.