Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Lincoln (H)

desperado

• Moderators
7 minutes ago, radcliffe white said:

£7 for return or single and cash only unless that changes 

cash only is very odd, isnt it

if its an hour earlier, im more likely to use it but if its only for one way, a taxi for 4 is cheaper

20 minutes ago, radcliffe white said:

Get spending your money in the fanzone & club shop or that people don’t use them so they have a reason to ditch them 

The cynic in me says folk who use the bus won't be wanting to be onsite for almost 2 hrs pre-game and this is the club's way of ditching the buses.

35 minutes ago, Traf said:

The cynic in me says folk who use the bus won't be wanting to be onsite for almost 2 hrs pre-game and this is the club's way of ditching the buses.

Yep, too expensive ,no single fares, reduced service & now at the wrong time.

From my limited experience, the great majority of people who use them will not want to be arriving at the Reebok nearly 2 hours before kick off & this looks like another way of cutting demand for buses until the club can claim lack of numbers to justify ditching the service.

52 minutes ago, Traf said:

100% - club not daft. People either stop using them or spend more money at the club as up there longer.

I'd imagine most on the bus fall into the first category.

2 minutes ago, BeeversLeftPeg said:

100% - club not daft. People either stop using them or spend more money at the club as up there longer.

I'd imagine most on the bus fall into the first category.

So we have a pioneering new transport system that is designed to put off potential customers?  The aim is for it to fail and have as few passengers as possible and run at a loss?  Revolutionary.

9 minutes ago, Johnnyrotten said:

So we have a pioneering new transport system that is designed to put off potential customers?  The aim is for it to fail and have as few passengers as possible and run at a loss?  Revolutionary.

Hardly pioneering, they've reduced the routes down to 6 (from 14 I think?) and considering they were thinking about getting rid it just seems they are making things difficult for folk who do use them.

Ideal result for club here is that people spend an extra hour spending cash in the fanzone / hotel but just can't see that happening for most folk using the buses.

• Site Supporter

When we first moved, buses ran at two times, so those wanting a drink or two near the ground could do. Presumably this is done to get more in the fan zone etc, which you can understand, especially if numbers using the buses are dropping. 

A bit of a catch 22 perhaps, but ultimately, can understand the club not wanting to help fund them, if fewer folk use them.

22 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

When we first moved, buses ran at two times, so those wanting a drink or two near the ground could do. Presumably this is done to get more in the fan zone etc, which you can understand, especially if numbers using the buses are dropping. 

A bit of a catch 22 perhaps, but ultimately, can understand the club not wanting to help fund them, if fewer folk use them.

Think it was more staggering the traffic flow in rather than doing it so folk could have a pint when it first opened

when we got the go ahead for the ground the club said affordable out of town travel links will be in place, yes the club has changed ownership but there’s a big draw from certain areas and with normal bus fares going down £7 is bloody expensive