Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Lincoln (H)

desperado

Nervy 1-0 win....

Lincoln start time wasting from the 2nd minute....

10 men behind the ball....

0-0 at half-time, boos from the simpletons....

Goal scored in last 10 minutes to lighten the mood....

Winner from Thomason.....

YHIHF......

2 hours ago, W.cramp said:

'Pillock'  love that word and one that seems to have gone out of fashion or as the kids say is no longer 'on point'.

Why would a Lincoln city fan have such a hatred ?   I dont see any connection,  is it because we beat em ?

Assume it stems back to when a few of their pubs got turned over for the postponed game the other year. We we went for a drink in their ‘main’ pub after the game last season and their yoof were all singing Taylor Swift on karaoke. Odd bunch. 

4 hours ago, W.cramp said:

'Pillock'  love that word and one that seems to have gone out of fashion or as the kids say is no longer 'on point'.

Why would a Lincoln city fan have such a hatred ?   I dont see any connection,  is it because we beat em ?

He seems to think they were cheated in a couple games and went absolutely ballistic about it. Even his own fans told him to calm down but he seems to have carried it on to today so no doubt he’ll be at it again on Saturday. I lived in Lincoln until a few years ago and I love the City and the people so I don’t think this guys an indicator of most of them.

On 01/08/2023 at 16:19, MickyD said:

I’ve just had a look at ImpsWays

FIVE different threads on front page about their forthcoming game at ToughShit.

As an aside, their chief mod, I guy called Jules, opens up topics which are supposed to stimulate discussion. He then gets folk to write no fewer than 150 words on the given subject, send them to him privately and he then decides whether or not to publish. One or two threads with nothing other than his opening post asking for input. Maybe that’s NOT the way to run a forum. 

A couple of seasons ago I was chatting on their forum which is part of the "Vital" group of fans forums. I go on a lot of other fans forums to ask about how they feel their teams are doing etc. Anyway I was polite and respectful as always but during a game we scored and in the live chat I said something as innocuous as "great goal" and within seconds "Jules" banned me.

But because it;s a group database, the ban extended to several other clubs forums so I contacted the admin to get reinstated for them and was told that if any one of the administrators bans me, it applies to all. Needless to say, there is no appeal and no review process so I am still banned to this day.

Jules is an oversensitive humourless wanker.

• Site Supporter
On 01/08/2023 at 23:51, Traf said:

Newsletter?

Sorry, it wasn't a newsletter as such, it was on the official website, I think when we didn't know if Tyrers would still be doing the buses.

Someone posted a link, and at the time it was the only way I could get on to the site. I've looked for it since, but can't find it. I remember posting about earlier buses being in order to give us more time in the shop, or hotel or fanzone.

45 minutes ago, radcliffe white said:

Communication is shambles

but when they’re selling something it’s plastered everywhere 

This is Phil Masons job now innit.   Isnt he communications manager or somet like that.    Previously club chaplain. 

19 hours ago, Arrested development said:

I'm hoping the shoot on sight wanderers we saw against West brom is more like what we will see this season. I'm all for patient build up play but it was refreshing to see us get some decent shots on goal. 

Straightforward 3 nil start, Dion, Victor and Randall. 

Absolutely agree and we know apart from midfield that the likes of Bod, Victor and Gomez can shoot from distance to let’s hope we see more of it.

10 hours ago, FrancisFogarty said:

Sorry, it wasn't a newsletter as such, it was on the official website, I think when we didn't know if Tyrers would still be doing the buses.

Someone posted a link, and at the time it was the only way I could get on to the site. I've looked for it since, but can't find it. I remember posting about earlier buses being in order to give us more time in the shop, or hotel or fanzone.

image.png.94053f8d105e875d592062e3111a3942.png