Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

West Midlands Fire Service appoint new Deputy Chief Fire Officer

MickyD

• Site Supporter
3 hours ago, athywhite1958 said:

I agree to supporting all vulnerable groups (except those here illegally, my personal view) I work with homeless people and they cannot get accommodation because all the hotels and temporary accommodation are taken up mostly by foreign nationals, I can only speak for the Greater Manchester area

We can only determine if someone is here "illegally" if we process them properly. Which we aren't doing for purely political reasons. The Home Office are just sticking them in hotels or on a barge or on a flight to Rwanda, so at the next General Election the Government can say "Look at this lot costing you a fortune! Vote for us and we will be tough on Illegal Immigration!". Simple as that.

31 minutes ago, Cheese said:

The Home Office are just sticking them in hotels or on a barge or on a flight to Rwanda, so at the next General Election the Government can say "Look at this lot costing you a fortune! Vote for us and we will be tough on Illegal Immigration!". Simple as that.

Sadly, it does look like that's what they're doing. You'd hope not though. 

1 hour ago, Cheese said:

We can only determine if someone is here "illegally" if we process them properly. Which we aren't doing for purely political reasons. The Home Office are just sticking them in hotels or on a barge or on a flight to Rwanda, so at the next General Election the Government can say "Look at this lot costing you a fortune! Vote for us and we will be tough on Illegal Immigration!". Simple as that.

Aye

From the Red Cross

https://www.redcross.org.uk/stories/migration-and-displacement/refugees-and-asylum-seekers/asylum-seekers-are-they-living-on-easy-street

“The British Red Cross is calling for the government to take urgent action to tackle the backlog in asylum decisions. These include accelerating straightforward asylum applications made by people from countries with high overall grant rates “.

Seems they’re not even doing the basics anymore.

• Site Supporter
18 minutes ago, Lt. Aldo Raine said:

It's not that, it's just rank incompetence

If I was being very generous I would agree but with some serious caveats. However it is now clear they aren't even trying therefore it has to be deliberate.

This isn't anywhere close to any Conservative party I have ever witnessed and yet folk defend it like they are your local football team. That is insane.

11 hours ago, Lt. Aldo Raine said:

It's not that, it's just rank incompetence

sadly, whilst I think they are incompetent, I do fear that they are allowing the situation to get as bad as possible, because, as suggested above, it's what they're going to use in the run up to the next GE - they already know they've lost, so they'll stand on the following:

1) Boo....look how bad all the foreigners are, we're doing our absolute best to stop them all, but we're being prevented doing so by lefty woke lawyers and the blob

2) Boo.....Green stuff and Net Zero is going to stifle us, so we're trying our best to push it back, but we're being stopped from doing so, by lefty woke lawyers and the media

They want it to get as bad as possible, knowing that somebody else will have to come in and clean up the mess, which no doubt will also cause problems (raising of taxes), and then they'll hope they can get back in at the GE in 2029 (or whenever it is) - although, I suspect that Labour will landslide it and keep the Conservatives out for at least 2 or 3 terms. After all, if you landslide a GE, and get a majority of 80-100, it's nigh on impossible to lose the next GE 😉

16 hours ago, Spider said:

Hotels, barges, portakabins whatever.

My point is that if we process them within a month, the cost to keep them in these temporary accommodations comes right down.

It’s basics, this.

I just think they make good political fodder, and Braverman needs them to be causing a headache.

150k backlog at the moment isn’t it? Let’s say they get processed in 3 months (that’s not including all the new arrivals, just the ones already waiting) then where do they go? 

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, royal white said:

150k backlog at the moment isn’t it? Let’s say they get processed in 3 months (that’s not including all the new arrivals, just the ones already waiting) then where do they go? 

Where would you put them?

• Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, royal white said:

You can answer if you want, we know you’ve made a big song and dance about processing faster, and rightly so. But where do you put them? If you don’t know just say. 

You’re the expert, it seems.

I bet you’d know better than me about the 100k+ empty council properties across the UK though.

2 minutes ago, Spider said:

You’re the expert, it seems.

I bet you’d know better than me about the 100k+ empty council properties across the UK though.

I’m the expert 😂 you’re the one for faster processing aren’t you? 

No tell me about the 100k empty council properties. 

• Site Supporter
Just now, royal white said:

I’m the expert 😂 you’re the one for faster processing aren’t you? 

No tell me about the 100k empty council properties. 

150k waiting for processing.

Let's assume (and no I can't provide any evidence here and neither can you) that a third of them do not qualify.

That's 100k.

Even "your team" admit there are at least 30k empty council dwellings (that is, homes that have been empty for 6 months or more with no tenants due in): https://conservativehome.com/2022/10/21/there-are-over-30600-empty-council-homes-in-england-they-must-be-put-up-for-sale/

However, estimates actually range from 100k to 300k depending on where you look, so it's safe to say there are houses available.

House, the 100k.

Ask them : "Are you happy to be given a house and a safe life away from your previous country?"

If the answer is yes, then they need to get jobs, pay their way or at least do the same things as UK nationals do when they get given a council house.

Chances are, the majority of them will repay the UK's kindness by being good citizens. Some of them will be wankers. But that applies to all UK residents.

They are likely to do the shitty low paid jobs, some might be smart and get good jobs.

Either way, there is a place for them if they qualify.

If they don't, plane them back to whence they came.

The money is there. It was there for shit PPE, so it can be sorted.

Big spend to start. Short term pain for long term gain. A true conservative ideal.

But, I'm sure you have a million better ways to solve this. 🙂