Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Brit Awards

• Moderators

It amused me greatly when the Brits scrapped best male and female categories in favour of best artist 

Only for there to be loads of moaning when a woman didn't get nominated 

Anyway 

I know I'm past it when it comes to contemporary music

But I was enthused to see one category seeing blink 182 going head to head against the foos 

And another with blur v rolling stones 

Fred Again sound like a tribute act though

• Members
6 hours ago, superjohnmcginlay said:

Finally got the age where I do not have a Scooby Doo who anyone is. 

...or fucking care? A bunch of vaccuous hypocritical halfwits spouting shite? I'd rather have an hour in the dentists chair.

2 hours ago, gonzo said:

You'll never beat Brandon Block off his trumpet being told hed won an award :D

That's still one of my favourite moments of all time. "Lifetime achievement award" as well! 😂😂😂

2 hours ago, gonzo said:

You'll never beat Brandon Block off his trumpet being told hed won an award :D

He was in Puerto Banus  

when we was there on my mates 40th 2011

met him at a Beach Bar

Spent the day on the Piss with him 

Nice chap 

1 hour ago, gonzo said:

Nice bunch 

Screenshot_20240306-073949_WhatsApp.jpg

I did say they were going to be massive this year. Mainly because they've had shit loads of money from their major label behind them, soft launch last year and then suddenly were booked on Jools Holland and playing some key slots - their pluggers had been working overtime over the past two years it would appear. The lead singer got into a wee bit of bother this week with her quote in The Times:

The outlet went on to quote frontwoman Abigail Morris, who said: “People don’t want to listen to post-punk and hear about the cost of living crisis any more.”

Music critic Will Hodgkinson then noted in the article that the singer had studied at “the liberal boarding school Bedales” in Hampshire “where fees can be £43,000 a year”. He added: “The cost of living crisis probably isn’t a huge issue for Morris.”

Turns out she didn't say it, it was the bassist, but they got a shit ton of flack from it and the Hodgkinson apologised. But they had to come out and say that they realise the personal privilege they have and professional being signed to a major label.

Some of the post of Twitter have been quite funny about it all, comparing their look to the film Hook and...