Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Playoffs

L/H White

• Members
33 minutes ago, Leyther_Matt said:

We’re entirely capable of beating any of the teams in the play offs. But likewise we’re also capable of losing about 8-0 on aggregate to any of them, too. 

Barnsley are hardly on form 

Peterborough shipped in five at Oxford who we put five past, and could end up playing 

We are capable of beating any of them, just depends on which version of us turns up 

11 hours ago, Traf said:

We've won 4 of our last 12 games, yet people thought we'd win the last four of the season?

it would have had to be last 6 to keep it in our hands. 

9 hours ago, DomRepWanderer said:

Long shot I know, but win 5-0 or better Saturday and Derby lose, we might not be looking at play-offs.

The only way Derby lose is if our game is called off. Best part of this season has been building the games in hand. Virtually comes off every time.

that said I’ll back a double of derby winning both to still try and derail em.

• Site Supporter

I think we should tank the last two games and finish 4th.

Timings of fixtures are better and we’re still at home for the leg that matters.

My real concern is how shit we will be if we do get promoted

I can see the annoying scenario of us winning on Saturday, and Derby getting a point - then we're still left with that little bit of hope. Derby wouldn't lose their last game though, so it'll be disappointment all round at Peterborough 

• Moderators
1 minute ago, Sweep said:

I can see the annoying scenario of us winning on Saturday, and Derby getting a point - then we're still left with that little bit of hope. Derby wouldn't lose their last game though, so it'll be disappointment all round at Peterborough 

I can see us tonking PV and Derby slipping up 

Making it a case of who can win by the most on the last day

• Site Supporter
6 minutes ago, DirtySanchez said:

Are the loan players still here for the play offs?

Yes.

https://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/24263679.bolton-wanderers-eye-permanent-deal-brentford-midfielder/

Evatt has also confirmed that Maghoma, plus other loanees like Nat Ogbeta, Caleb Taylor, Zac Ashworth and Calvin Ramsay will be available should the season be extended into the play-offs in May.

“Richard Cooper (club secretary) is excellent at his job and always makes sure that all bases are covered,” he said. “As far as I’m aware all bases are covered on that front. You’d have to prise him off me at the moment, anyway.”

• Moderators
49 minutes ago, Lt. Aldo Raine said:

I think Freedman said we could've extended the agreement if required but - for reasons unknown - opted not to

He did say that but it turned out we couldnt have done

Cant remember the exact reasons but it was a technicality of the type of loan

8 minutes ago, gonzo said:

He could've put Dawson upfront instead of Rob Hall...

I can only think Freedman was purposely trying to lose that game, how else would you choose Hall over Davies, what did Freedman see in him.. just checked his career stats. FFS! 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_Hall_(footballer)

Edited by Mounts Kipper

I hope yous all realise that we'll get absolutely NO recognition for finishing 3rd, last season it was all about Sheffield Wednesday, this & Sheffield Wednesday that, ,,,, well forget any of that it'll be us against the rest as normal.

29 minutes ago, Whitestar said:

I hope yous all realise that we'll get absolutely NO recognition for finishing 3rd, last season it was all about Sheffield Wednesday, this & Sheffield Wednesday that, ,,,, well forget any of that it'll be us against the rest as normal.

We haven’t finished third yet