Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Come on Kieran Sadler

tomski

• Site Supporter
4 minutes ago, tomski said:

Go get em ksadz

🤣

Loving it if Wycombe go and win these next two. Well I’d take just a draw Wednesday to be honest.

But surely their best chance of getting something Wednesday, is being full of confidence after a Wembley win?

Put Peterborough in the dumps too. 

We’re all fully Wycombe tomorrow aren’t we? 

21 minutes ago, desperado said:

🤣

Loving it if Wycombe go and win these next two. Well I’d take just a draw Wednesday to be honest.

But surely their best chance of getting something Wednesday, is being full of confidence after a Wembley win?

Put Peterborough in the dumps too. 

We’re all fully Wycombe tomorrow aren’t we? 

Not sure. I was working on the lose 5-0 and a point to prove like us ala Arsenal

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, tomski said:

Not sure. I was working on the lose 5-0 and a point to prove like us ala Arsenal

Nah they’d be broken and we dont want Peterborough on a high.

Even If if they’ve been on the piss, they don’t like Derby, they’ll be well up for it 

I might be missing something but why would mid table/nothing to play for in league Wycombe, be arsed about a nothing league game v Derby, on the back of a cup final at Wembley? 

Anyone carrying a bit of a knock will play at Wembley, then miss Wednesday.  Shit timing for this fixture, hope it rains for 3 days and gets called off.

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, Johnnyrotten said:

I might be missing something but why would mid table/nothing to play for in league Wycombe, be arsed about a nothing league game v Derby, on the back of a cup final at Wembley? 

Anyone carrying a bit of a knock will play at Wembley, then miss Wednesday.  Shit timing for this fixture, hope it rains for 3 days and gets called off.

There’s animosity over some historical relegation/promotion goings on (not exactly sure what)

But Wycombe really don’t like Derby

Not much, but anything helps 😊

3 minutes ago, Johnnyrotten said:

There's history between the clubs apparently.

• Site Supporter
Just now, Hoppy said:

40,000 crowed expected at Wembley for final tomorrow 

TBF, for those two clubs it’s not bad.

We wouldn’t get anyway near our 35k last year would we.

23/24k if we got to play-off final?

2 minutes ago, desperado said:

There’s animosity over some historical relegation/promotion goings on (not exactly sure what)

Fair enough but taking Sadlier as an example, it will mean nothing to him surely, the current set of players won't know much about it.

I'll be cheering them on but very frustrated at Rams luck this season, this fixture just adds to it.  On the back of that non-pen for Pompey (who get a pen every other game!).  

Anyway, today's a good day, pressure is on Derby so if nothing else they can have a few days worrying about Wednesday 😀

• Site Supporter
6 minutes ago, Johnnyrotten said:

Sadlier as an example, it will mean nothing to him surely

From what I’ve seen/heard he still holds a candle for BWFC, had a good time here, got a lot of friends still here.

So, while that history might not mean much to him, there’s a motivation to do it for us. 

29 minutes ago, desperado said:

It's from when Derby were cooking the books and submitting accounts late etc in their attempts to spend their way to the prem 

Summat like they submitted them late because there was irregularities in them and when they finally did the EFL hit them with a points deduction

Had they done it on time the points deduction would have relegated them and Wycombe would have stayed up, but as they didn't Wycombe went down 

Wycombe threatened legal action and think they settled on some compo 

41 minutes ago, Johnnyrotten said:

Fair enough but taking Sadlier as an example, it will mean nothing to him surely, the current set of players won't know much about it.

I'll be cheering them on but very frustrated at Rams luck this season, this fixture just adds to it.  On the back of that non-pen for Pompey (who get a pen every other game!).  

Anyway, today's a good day, pressure is on Derby so if nothing else they can have a few days worrying about Wednesday 😀

It was a joke. 

11 hours ago, desperado said:

From what I’ve seen/heard he still holds a candle for BWFC, had a good time here, got a lot of friends still here.

So, while that history might not mean much to him, there’s a motivation to do it for us. 

Pity he is just not very good. 

18 minutes ago, Dr. Feelgood said:

Perfectly capable player at the level. Just that he's a winger & Evatt doesn’t play wingers despite keeping buying them.

Sorry I disagree he flatters but does not deliver. 11 years and 11 different clubs, implies it is not Evatts  fault 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kieran_Sadlier

Would be delighted if he bagged a hat trick v Derby though. 👍😎