Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Another BWFC rip off?

• Moderators
can you please point me out the part of the offer which says that you have to take it up, for christs sake! If you dont want to pay ??50 then dont do it. simple as that. the whole pr stuff is rubbish aswell. If you dont like the way the club is run then do something about it, buy it off eddie davies or whoever and run it your way.

Two words, utter c??ck.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's not that bad a deal actually. My daughters have both been away mascots and for that we had to have the full official strip which cost a lot more than ??50 !!!

But my kid's blood runs white now and they are Bolton for life.

So for the club it may not generate a lot of cash in the short term but in the long term it could be a great investment. Don't forget that there will be extra match tickets for the kids, parents, grand-parents etc etc.

And it may stop some kids supporting a team just because they've won something recently!!!!

It's not that bad a deal actually. My daughters have both been away mascots and for that we had to have the full official strip which cost a lot more than ??50 !!!

But my kid's blood runs white now and they are Bolton for life.

So for the club it may not generate a lot of cash in the short term but in the long term it could be a great investment. Don't forget that there will be extra match tickets for the kids, parents, grand-parents etc etc.

And it may stop some kids supporting a team just because they've won something recently!!!!

Should be free though

Then all the points you've made become even more true

• Moderators
can you please point me out the part of the offer which says that you have to take it up, for christs sake! If you dont want to pay ??50 then dont do it. simple as that. the whole pr stuff is rubbish aswell. If you dont like the way the club is run then do something about it, buy it off eddie davies or whoever and run it your way.

whilst I can see where you're coming from the problem on this occasion is that it will more than likely be the kid who wants to do it, and the parents who have to fork out for it which they may or may not be happy to do

what happened to football in the community being a mascot should be free. bolton get enough and more off joe public little things like making a kids dream come true is something our overpaid players and the club should be doing for nowt. there are kids out there who have fcuk all, kids who are disabled and gartside and his pa boys are more concerned about making ??9500 that wont even pay for a seasons boot polish. its a disgrace, over priced tickets, over priced beer/food its shit like this what pushes fans and future fans away

wot a fookin rip off. mascot used to be raffled when i was a nipper. home games at JW meetings and away trips on the JW coach on the way there.

y can the front line not be raffled. another thing ball boys, the pussy that runs them is a first class prick his sons are still them (both over 20 or at least 1 is ) this is probally coz you get in free. do they still go to JW???

??50 who ever came up with that wants to take his face for a shit. in my eyes this is bang out off order.

and while im having a rant

who are the bwfc s.a????? are any on here????? does anyone know any?????

and why oh why are you all yes men???? :-k :-k [-X

anyway end of mi teas ready

you have the choice to pay or not and there is a thread moaning and groaning about it, fcuk me can bolton fans moan, there was no thread congratulating the club for freezing season ticket prices, it is ??50 if you want to do it if you dont want to no one is forcing you to hand over the cash, i am pissed of with all the negativity being highlighted, just stop supporting the club if you feel that way as 7000 season ticket holders have already done, good riddance.

Apart from the free t-shirt, the group photograph and 'souvenir photographs', this is precisely what I did every game a few years back as a ball boy.

And I was there for every game, league and cup, and a few friendlies. For free! :-k

• Moderators
you have the choice to pay or not and there is a thread moaning and groaning about it, fcuk me can bolton fans moan, there was no thread congratulating the club for freezing season ticket prices, it is ??50 if you want to do it if you dont want to no one is forcing you to hand over the cash, i am pissed of with all the negativity being highlighted, just stop supporting the club if you feel that way as 7000 season ticket holders have already done, good riddance.

For someone who usually seems sensible enough, you seem unable to see the distinction between BWFC and BWFC Plc. It's baffling.

MK bit surprised to read that from you but as you normally post decent posts will try and make a reasoned response.

1. There was a thread about the season ticket prices and I for one posted that the club had got it right. - sure someone who knows what they are doing will be able to find it.

2. No one is forcing anyone to pay ??50, that is true but why put a price on this anyway ? How about this...the club contacts local schools and each school is allocated a match and the schools runs a competition that the best behaved or most deserving kids get to do this. at no charge.

3. ??9500 means nothing to the club, ??50 might mean a lot to parents trying to bring kids up, you say people are nt forced to pay but how many parents end up doing things because they want their kids to have something or maybe they want their kids to get into being Bolton fans.

4. can you name any other business that charges kids to become potential life time customers ? it does make commercial sense ignoring that social reasons that the club should be thinking about.

For someone who usually seems sensible enough, you seem unable to see the distinction between BWFC and BWFC Plc. It's baffling.

all profesional football is a plc these days, even F.C. united which was set up by the fans for the fans are now accused of ripping off supporters, you cannot get away from this, i am sure the mascots will still be free and can be won in the junior whites draw, this is something extra if you can afford it (which most people can) you have the opportunity to buy or not to buy, if you think BWFC can cope in the premier league without developing new revenue streams you are mistaken, however in this case i do not think this is the clubs aim as revenue generated would be minimal, the crux of the matter is bolton are poor at projecting the right image to fans who feel they are being ripped off all the time, this needs addressing.

How about this...the club contacts local schools and each school is allocated a match and the schools runs a competition that the best behaved or most deserving kids get to do this. at no charge.

That's a great idea. Would reach out to many people and foster far more goodwill too.

I'm no longer a Season Ticket Holder, therefore I no longer support the club?

What are you on recently, MK?

you seem to take my remarks as aimed personally, they are not intended that way. I know your reasons for not getting a season ticket, and that you will be at every match that you can get to, with regards to what am i on? i have a viewpoint and i will continue to express it regardless of it upsetting people on here, i say what i think and expect other people to do likewise even if i do not always agree with there view point.

• Site Supporter

What a pile of shit

You couldn't miss the point more if you put on a blindfold and looked the other way as it flew past

Add to everything that's been said the fact that no kid will now get to do this unless their parents can actually afford ??50, and you've got one piss poor, badly thought out scheme.

MickyD - spot on, the club are so distant from the fans it's untrue

Yeah, f??ck off Eavesy! :D

doubt this will last long

might me some interest from rich kids parents at first but will die out

how much is it to be a mascot now?

was free back in 92 when i won junior whites raffle to be mascot against reading at burnden

50 quid for that and only 112 for a kid for 19 games puts it well into perspective

It seems like MK has been on the crackpipe again

dont do drugs any more,but the negativity regarding BWFC might make me pay a visit to Dr Kukula for some strong anti-depressants. :D

ahhh, now we understand the problem.

DO MORE DRUGS MAN !!! ](*,) ](*,) ](*,)

ANI = clean !!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.