Free Coach To Spurs - all systems go

chorley

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Moderators
Short sighted :-k

by who, the club, or the fans now wanting to go because it's free?

been to spurs a few times now, we've never taken the "full" allocation which includes the lower tier

and didn't sell out the upper on the times I went (3-1 defeat on a sunday, the 1-0 okocha show and the 2-1 when pedersen got the winner)

don't think anyone is in a position to knock the club on this one

Presumably BWFC had to say how many tickets they wanted last week. If we had lost on Saturday, I doubt there would have been a massive clamour for tickets. The club can only really ask for an allocation based on opur average away following for the Season to date, which is not overly great I would suggest. For once, we can't really criticise the club on this point

been to spurs a few times now, we've never taken the "full" allocation which includes the lower tier

and didn't sell out the upper on the times I went (3-1 defeat on a sunday, the 1-0 okocha show and the 2-1 when pedersen got the winner)

Gates at Tottenham in 2004/05

36,103 v Man Utd

36,101 v Liverpool

36,025 v Bolton

assuming the ground was full for the first game there were 78 empty seats in the ground against Bolton.

I don't think they were in the Bolton end.

• Moderators
Gates at Tottenham in 2004/05

36,103 v Man Utd

36,101 v Liverpool

36,025 v Bolton

assuming the ground was full for the first game there were 78 empty seats in the ground against Bolton.

I don't think they were in the Bolton end.

you can bet that Utd and Liverpool took the full allocation, upper and lower tier, and be a following of 3000+

whereas ours would more than likely have been like what we're taking now, 1000 tickets, and the Spurs fans snapped up the rest - I'll put my mortgage on it that we have not had the upper and lower tier on any of our Premier League visits in the last 7 years

those figures don't really show anything to do with our followings at spurs, what you need is number of away fans in attendance because Spurs for whatever reason will always pretty much sell out the home end (which varies depending on how many the away team brings)

can we not leave off this megson bashing, we need to show unity as a club, the players fans and boardroom should be as one until our fate is decided.

Mounts, some people will keep banging on the same drum until the end, they did it with Big Sam, now its Megson turn, next year whatever happens it will be some other poor soul getting in the neck <_<

can we not leave off this megson bashing, we need to show unity as a club, the players fans and boardroom should be as one until our fate is decided.

Agreed, let's wait until the end of the season before we start calling for peoples heads. Nothing is going to change in the clubs managment structure between now and the end of the season, so we may as well all stick together on this

you can bet that Utd and Liverpool took the full allocation, upper and lower tier, and be a following of 3000+

whereas ours would more than likely have been like what we're taking now, 1000 tickets, and the Spurs fans snapped up the rest - I'll put my mortgage on it that we have not had the upper and lower tier on any of our Premier League visits in the last 7 years

those figures don't really show anything to do with our followings at spurs, what you need is number of away fans in attendance because Spurs for whatever reason will always pretty much sell out the home end (which varies depending on how many the away team brings)

You said that Bolton didn't sell out the upper tier on any of your 3 visits.

I sat in the Bolton end for the win in 2004/05 and thought the upper tier was full.

Didn't someone say that we have only requested the minimum number of tickets at Spurs?

With the free travel offer now on, can the club get hold of more match tickets?

If the 'freebie fans' are too late to get a ticket F*CK 'EM. If they don't want to pay a few quid to get there and get behind the lads then it's tough Sh!t.

These are the same people that want BWFC to shell out ?5million+ on players and pay them ?40,000/week wages with the risk of the club going bust, but they aren't prepared to spend ?20 for travel :angry:

• Moderators
If the 'freebie fans' are too late to get a ticket F*CK 'EM. If they don't want to pay a few quid to get there and get behind the lads then it's tough Sh!t.

These are the same people that want BWFC to shell out ?5million+ on players and pay them ?40,000/week wages with the risk of the club going bust, but they aren't prepared to spend ?20 for travel :angry:

zozz, ive done my share of travelling

at the moment away games aren't top of my pile for stuff i have to spend on

i dont consider myself a freebie fan, just one who has to make some sacrifices

i don't slag the club off for not spending money they aint got, either

zozz, ive done my share of travelling

at the moment away games aren't top of my pile for stuff i have to spend on

i dont consider myself a freebie fan, just one who has to make some sacrifices

i don't slag the club off for not spending money they aint got, either

well then I didn't mean you then.

If you were one of them that doesn't have away games at the top of the pile but then still goes on a freebie + slags the club off for not overspending then I would have meant you.

Personally away games are top of my sad deluded lifepile for stuff to spend on

• Moderators
You said that Bolton didn't sell out the upper tier on any of your 3 visits.

I sat in the Bolton end for the win in 2004/05 and thought the upper tier was full.

and I don't think they did, in the sense that we woud've sent tickets back for not selling out the whole upper tier and these would've been then sold to home fans (a speculative judgement admittedly)

posting overall attendances though doesn't prove anything, in fact, 78 less fans could suggest we didn't sell out given there'd be more home fans at the utd and liverpool game as there wouldn't have been any segregation in the lower tier, if you're going to prove it sold out, you need to show stats of how many fans we took compared to how many we're allowed in the upper tier

and even then, in any of the previous seasons, there'd be nothing to suggest taking an allocation of 1000 tickets was short sighted on our part, in fact, probably optimistic if the decision was made pre west ham

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.