Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

I Didn't Want Sam To Get The Rovers Job, But He Has!

Burndens Bogs

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well he wasn't a failure, put it that way. They had the best start in 10 years under him and did were 11th when they got rid. They haven't been anywhere near 11th since he left! I think the best is about 15th? Correct me if i'm wrong but he was only at Newcastle for about 7 months and you can't polish a turd.

given how well he was doing strange that he was hated by the fans and he got sacked.

From Skysports -

"Souness' stance makes it even more likely that Sam Allardyce will be offered the job."

I hate the thought of the Dings having success under Allardyce. :angry:

I agree but he might be tempted to come in for Nolan or even Nicky Hunt which might not do us much harm long term if we get decent money for them :mellow:

• Moderators
What do u mean a very long time? A year?? You can't say there not a good manager because they havn't had anything to manage?!

I meant getting on for 2 years, he was utter dogshit from Xmas until he left us (in the lurch). Beyond that I didn't say anything, if you actually read my post.

By your logic maybe they should get Ron Atkinson in, he was a good manager and hasn't been working much recently either.

I meant getting on for 2 years, he was utter dogshit from Xmas until he left us (in the lurch). Beyond that I didn't say anything, if you actually read my post.

By your logic maybe they should get Ron Atkinson in, he was a good manager and hasn't been working much recently either.

Or maybe Leicester should have got Gary Megson in becaue he hadn't of been working for a while had he? 8)

Yep he was shite from christmas with us!

Should have left then!

Lets be honest, Blackburn would work for BSA wouldnt it? Local to home, medium sized club, decent wage, great training facilities, and alot of 'sam type players'!

• Moderators
Well he wasn't a failure, put it that way. They had the best start in 10 years under him and did were 11th when they got rid. They haven't been anywhere near 11th since he left! I think the best is about 15th? Correct me if i'm wrong but he was only at Newcastle for about 7 months and you can't polish a turd.

I agree

so he was neither here nor there at newcastle

though the fans didn't like his football and didn't rate his signings

I agree

so he was neither here nor there at newcastle

though the fans didn't like his football and didn't rate his signings

Well the bookie shave closed the market on it and its on SSN that the deal is done.

On another note they have had Sams match stats up and we won 35% pf matches with him in charge and it was 33% at Newcastle.

• Moderators
Well the bookie shave closed the market on it and its on SSN that the deal is done.

On another note they have had Sams match stats up and we won 35% pf matches with him in charge and it was 33% at Newcastle.

Betfair is still open, I've laid him at 1.08. It's at 1.11 at the moment.

He will take them down.

Id be willing to bet he doesnt! Think they will become hard to beat at home and hes got players to suit his system!! One or two signings in jan should see them safe!! Unless he upsets all the senior players then they go down without a fight!! =D>

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.