Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Guest squidgy66

I'm a great fan of freedom of speech and the right to hold a peaceful demonstration, but these lot were idiots.

There's a time and a place for things like that and at the troops home-coming was both offensive and ill-thoughout. What ever your feelings about any war it is disrespectful to the troops who were returning home and perhaps even more to the thousands of troops who have lost their lives fighting so we can have such a constitution to allows us the right to have freedom of speech.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Free Speech, yes they have a right to it but other people have the right not to listen. There has to be a limit on what you can say, if it was open slather then some idiot would be free to scream FIRE! in a cinema causing untold mayhem probably with disastrous consequences. This group of filth should be allowed to air their views, an island in the Outer Hebrides seems like a good location. Failing that........shoot the bastards.

It was good to see 10,000 plus turn out for them just down the road in Watford. I reckon a few turned out for a punch up our Asian Friends had the common sense to have a no show.

What riles me is that in every single Muslim country, with the possible exception of Turkey these people would have been rounded up, locked up and a few of them would never have been seen again.

It was good to see 10,000 plus turn out for them just down the road in Watford. I reckon a few turned out for a punch up our Asian Friends had the common sense to have a no show.

What riles me is that in every single Muslim country, with the possible exception of Turkey these people would have been rounded up, locked up and a few of them would never have been seen again.

The so called head of the protest group Anjem Choudary was on GMTV this morning justifying their standpoint. At one point he stated that he did not believe in democracy and free speech!!!!! Yet he uses these to put forward his poison without any qualms. Unbelievable.

The so called head of the protest group Anjem Choudary was on GMTV this morning justifying their standpoint. At one point he stated that he did not believe in democracy and free speech!!!!! Yet he uses these to put forward his poison without any qualms. Unbelievable.

These c?nts shouldn't be given any airtime :angry: Oh and apparently one of them is a baggage handler at Luton airport - give that place a wide berth.

Stick the cunt in a bag and then onto the first plane to any godforsaken primitive shithole available.

indeed, the plane doesn't need to land either, just slow down to a few hundred miles an hour, and then pitch him out from circa 200 feet

Regiment to receive Freedom of Bolton

The Mayor of Bolton, Councillor Anthony Connell, will present a regiment of soldiers with the Freedom of the Borough at a ceremony on Saturday (14/03).

The honour will be accepted on behalf of the Duke of Lancaster Regiment by the Deputy Colonel, Colonel Steve Davies, and will mean that the soldiers will become Freemen of the town.

Victoria Square will come alive with military splendour as 150 men and women from the regiment march from the Army barracks in Nelson Street to watch the ceremony and then process around the town hall before joining the Mayor and invited guests for a celebratory luncheon.

Afterwards, the group will make a special trip to watch Bolton Wanderers take on Fulham at the Reebok Stadium. Bolton soldiers, who have recently returned from Iraq, will be invited onto the pitch at half time; a mobile obstacle course will also be set up on the pitch.

Lets give the lads the applause they deserve!

• Site Supporter
Regiment to receive Freedom of Bolton

The Mayor of Bolton, Councillor Anthony Connell, will present a regiment of soldiers with the Freedom of the Borough at a ceremony on Saturday (14/03).

The honour will be accepted on behalf of the Duke of Lancaster Regiment by the Deputy Colonel, Colonel Steve Davies, and will mean that the soldiers will become Freemen of the town.

Victoria Square will come alive with military splendour as 150 men and women from the regiment march from the Army barracks in Nelson Street to watch the ceremony and then process around the town hall before joining the Mayor and invited guests for a celebratory luncheon.

I think the events earlier in the week will ensure a decent crowd in the town centre for this.

I agree, let's stand proud of the lads at half time.

filthy dirty traitors the lot of them. hope they decide to show up on saturday morning in victoria square.

few of us are starting on an early one to show our support for the duke of lancasters regiment as they parade there at 11.15 and get the freedom of the borough of bolton.

I was there yesterday, after picking a suit up from Slaters.

Not as many as I thought, however the parade, past Barclays, round back of Le Mans Cres, past Costa Coffee, back to town hall square........Poor.

why not let them march all round the centre.

Very good though, listening to the band play.......bought a tear!!!

Vey Proud..

http://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/news/420298...nsulted_troops/

Khan gives tickets to insulted troops

5:10pm Saturday 14th March 2009

SOLDIERS subjected to jeering and abuse at a homecoming parade earlier this week have been given free tickets to Amir Khan?s fight tonight.

The Bolton-born boxer and promoter Frank Warren have given 50 ringside seats to the Royal Anglian Regiment who were branded as 'criminals, murderers and terrorists' by Muslim extremists.

Tonight they will be honoured as heroes with VIP treatment at the sporting event at the MEN Arena tonight.

Khan, who is taking on Mexican veteran Marco Antonio Barrera, has made no comment publicly about his feelings over the way the regiment was treated.

But a spokesman said: "The Royal Anglians were absolutely delighted at the tickets gesture. They love watching Amir fight, and it will be a great sporting night."

Promoter Frank Warren said: "All our boxers are giving tickets to the men who went out there to do a perilous job defending our country.

"Ours is the land of free speech, but we all have a right to that. I am a UK citizen and what I say is that the members of our armed forces should be shown respect.

"They do not decide who we go to war against. That's the job of the politicians. But they risk their lives for all of us in this country."

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.