Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Devastating News In The Bn

C86

The death of any child is extremely sad news, but it really hits home when they're fellow supporters.

You end up thinking: "It could have been us."

If you've got kids: thank your lucky stars it wasn't you and cherish every day you have with them.

Rest in Peace, Shaun: a sad waste of a young life.

And well done to the club for their fast response and they way they've got invovlved.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is does ani, I have a 10 year old, I can't wait to get home and see him, just see him again....

This has hit me, really has, I've never met the lad or the family, I think its his age and having my lad at 10.

As a site do you think we could do something in his memory? No idea what.

I totally agree pal.

I have a 12 year old daughter and we both have s't's.We travel on the M62 to every game and I don't give it a second thought when I am driving.

Very sad waste of a young life.

RIP and thoughts go to his family

Thanks for that mate - just done it and I'll see what he says. If the funeral is down here, and he thinks it's appropriate to go bearing the condolences of many, then I will.

He actually got back to me and assured me the family had said they'd welcome Bolton fans attending to show their respect and support, and he's given me quite detailed instructions of how to get to the church, which I'm sure he'd be happy for me to pass onto anyone else who lives local(ish) to Rugby. Like I say, in some circumstances it would feel like an intrusion, but in this case the family are saying quite the opposite. If showing support adds even the mearest crumb of comfort to that horribly trying day, then I'm happy to do it.

He actually got back to me and assured me the family had said they'd welcome Bolton fans attending to show their respect and support, and he's given me quite detailed instructions of how to get to the church, which I'm sure he'd be happy for me to pass onto anyone else who lives local(ish) to Rugby. Like I say, in some circumstances it would feel like an intrusion, but in this case the family are saying quite the opposite. If showing support adds even the mearest crumb of comfort to that horribly trying day, then I'm happy to do it.

Then go as our envoy.

Make sure you wear a Bolton shirt.

:good: Good on yer

Been away from PC for a couple of days whilst been having a short break.

This is absolutely terrible news, and I am extremely saddened with what i read in the BN.

My conolances go towards the family and thank Bolton for allowing some sort of tribute at the next home game.

It really puts the whole world into perspective.

:-(

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.