Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

If You Could Have One Player Back..............

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As club man Per Fransen in his pomp for me apart fom the last game of the season when he rounded the chelsea keeper and slotted it wide ! and his breif fling with the dingles but that wasnt his fault

Hue fan of the Frandsen. He didn't slot it wide - it was that shit Wise that got back and kicked it off the line.

His peak was the game against Brum - think he scored 2, had a cracker wrongly disallowed and a great free kick handled on the line that Holdsworth put the resulting pen away to make it 3-3.

Aye scored as well against Sweeden I think

I always remember he scored away against Austria on his debut, and v Faroe Isles at Hampden in the qualifiers for Euro96, after about 5 minutes IIRC. Andy Walker was on the bench as well. I went as I was conveniently working up in Glasgow that week :roll:

Some tw?t took exception to the fact that I was English at a Scotland match - not long after he "let me off" after SJM scored and I went mental.

I always remember he scored away against Austria on his debut, and v Faroe Isles at Hampden in the qualifiers for Euro96, after about 5 minutes IIRC. Andy Walker was on the bench as well. I went as I was conveniently working up in Glasgow that week :roll:

Some tw?t took exception to the fact that I was English at a Scotland match - not long after he "let me off" after SJM scored and I went mental.

Eeee - ain't you tube great:

Hue fan of the Frandsen. He didn't slot it wide - it was that shit Wise that got back and kicked it off the line.

His peak was the game against Brum - think he scored 2, had a cracker wrongly disallowed and a great free kick handled on the line that Holdsworth put the resulting pen away to make it 3-3.

[/quot

Feck me I never new that it was cleared off the line ! I was at the game that day, in the Chelsea end, keeping my head down fear of a kickin from some handy looking boys behind me. When he went round the goalie I closed my eyes and took a deep breath waiting for him to score. To this day I was convinced he missed.

A pre-injured Andy Walker, but for that crutiate ligament injury, he could have been THE best striker we have ever had.

As it was, he is still a legend!

It was a golden era for the Whites, one that will probably never be repeated, and fear that we never see the the likes of him again.

Gota agree with this, pure class. However in the post Rioch/Todd era it has to Youri - The man was a genuis!

At this specific moment in time, I would have Nolan back in a heartbeat.

I doubt Megson would use Nolan properly.

Nolan's best football at Bolton was in a 4-5-1 formation.To go to this formation and use Nolan most effectively we'd need to drop Elmander and use Davies as the target man.,that won't happen though.

Megson won't use a game plan that includes the club record signing out of the team.

We'd get a 4-4-2 with Nolan on the right wing or something as inappropriate.

Guest Firthy
I doubt Megson would use Nolan properly.

Nolan's best football at Bolton was in a 4-5-1 formation.To go to this formation and use Nolan most effectively we'd need to drop Elmander and use Davies as the target man.,that won't happen though.

Megson won't use a game plan that includes the club record signing out of the team.

We'd get a 4-4-2 with Nolan on the right wing or something as inappropriate.

I'm sure I recognise you from somewhere?

mystic-meg-horoscop_384331a.jpg

• Site Supporter
Indeed. The only player (and I don't just mean Bolton here) who Ive watched at a game and could genuinely tag the phrase "genius" onto.

I think youri was the same but okocha was in him prime age wise.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.