Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Great Decision By Megson (ferrie Bodde)

wiggy

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/t...ity/8276943.stm

There were some people on here caning Megson for signing Sean Davis after he got injured. Presumably those same people will now be happy to applaud Megson for choosing not to sign Bodde in the summer....?

Hmm, more like a bum decision by Swansea not to accept a bid for him in the summer <_<

Jimmy Bullard

Sean Davis

Ferrie Bodde

One out of 3 ain't bad i s'pose - it could have been a lot worse.

Hmm, more like a bum decision by Swansea not to accept a bid for him in the summer <_<

Jimmy Bullard

Sean Davis

Ferrie Bodde

One out of 3 ain't bad i s'pose - it could have been a lot worse.

Much worse.

Bullard cost ?5m

Bodde would have cost a similar figure.

Davis was a free agent.

Hmmmm. Do you mean dreadful decision by Megson to try & buy a player (Bodde) who would soon turn out to be a crock? Or dreadful decision to buy Davis, Who is also a crock, instead of a midfielder who wouldn't get injured.

Or do you actually mean that Megson - like anybody else - hasn't got the first idea if & when players wil pick up injuries. In which case this is just another of those very strange threads where someone feels the need to turn everything into either a pro or anti Megson situation.

We can't really applaud him for not signing Bullard - cos if we do that we have to slag him off for not signing all those other players that aren't injured & have turned out ok!

FFS not everything is about Gary Megson!!!! What did we do on here before he turned up?

Hmmmm. Do you mean dreadful decision by Megson to try & buy a player (Bodde) who would soon turn out to be a crock? Or dreadful decision to buy Davis, Who is also a crock, instead of a midfielder who wouldn't get injured.

Or do you actually mean that Megson - like anybody else - hasn't got the first idea if & when players wil pick up injuries. In which case this is just another of those very strange threads where someone feels the need to turn everything into either a pro or anti Megson situation.

We can't really applaud him for not signing Bullard - cos if we do that we have to slag him off for not signing all those other players that aren't injured & have turned out ok!

FFS not everything is about Gary Megson!!!! What did we do on here before he turned up?

What he said =D>

Given Bodde and Bullard's recent injury history the risk goes up meaning Megson would'nt go above his price, which is fair enough. Davis was a free transfer so for a player of his reasonable ability the risk was worth it. For what its worth, I think both are the type of creative midfielder we miss and would choose them over Davis if fit.

=D> =D>

Nail on head.

Great business by Bolton to walk away from the deal at the price quoted - after all, everyone knew he was a risk, which made ?5 million laughable.

For the same reason, questions got to be asked of Swansea's board - got big offers for a player carrying an injury, with no Prem experience and without youth on his side. They should have bitten our and Wigan's collective hands off. Wonder if Swansea want Joey O'Brien as a replacement?

Bodde will not play again - trust me. Certainly not in the top tier, probably not in the Chanpionship either. If he's any sense, he'll take the pay off, then devote the next few years on building up a grudge with his agent for not forcing one last big money deal through.

Or do you actually mean that Megson - like anybody else - hasn't got the first idea if & when players wil pick up injuries

That is exactly what I meant Hazzy. Perhaps I chose the wrong way to make my point, but like you I'm bored of every thread being about Megson - and more specifically about what he has supposedly done wrong. Caning Megson for Davis getting injured was the last straw for me. Couldn't believe that some people saw that as an opportunity to put the knife in.

• Moderators
For the same reason, questions got to be asked of Swansea's board - got big offers for a player carrying an injury, with no Prem experience and without youth on his side. They should have bitten our and Wigan's collective hands off. Wonder if Swansea want Joey O'Brien as a replacement?

there is/was a 50% sell on clause, so they must've felt unless they get at least ?5M and therefore ?2.5M for him, he was worth more to them over a season or 2 and lose him for free

unforunate for them

people can praise or slag off megson for this one, but fact is, had swansea had accepted we could still have spent ?3.5M on a player who could be crocked for the rest of the season, dunno why ?1.5M makes any difference to some apparently astute judgement

all in all, just an unfortunate injury and nothing to do with megson being a transfer market genius/c?ck

• Moderators

Swansea fucked themselves up, clearly no one was going to pay more than us and Wigan offered and clearly they have no chance of going up this season. They also fucked over the club with the sell on clause as the lad will be worth 3p and a Kit Kat if he ever recovers from this.

They signed him from ADO Den Haag for about ?100k and have to give them 50% of his future transfer fee: Swansea have fucked themselves and the Dutch over this, as Carlos has pointed out.

Any player can get injured: it never shows a manager's foresight or lack of in these cases.

Bang on :good:

I used to enjoy our trips to Swansea. Walk on the beach before the match. After, there used to be a very reasonable Chinese Restaurant on the sea-front, not far from the cricket ground where Gary Sobers hit 6 6's in an over off Malcolm Nash.

Remember one match where we all were listening to our radios. Think it must have been one of Phil Neal's failed promotion years, or was it when we went up under Rioch from the old Div.2?

There were some people on here caning Megson for signing Sean Davis after he got injured. Presumably those same people will now be happy to applaud Megson for choosing not to sign Bodde in the summer....?

saying this nobody would of know what would of happened if he had signed for us...he could of had an amazing season for us

getting injured is just unlucky

personally i think i was good we didnt sign him.injured or not

• Moderators
Any player can get injured: it never shows a manager's foresight or lack of in these cases.

cept for phil brown and bullard

that was obvious and we all saw that coming

no insurance

some lack of foresight that

Just for the record, Swansea turned down three offers from Bolton.

There are two idiots in this story. Megson for offering so much for a crocked Championship player, and Swansea for not accepting hard cash for a crocked Championship player.

By the way, for those of you that haven't followed my recent work on Burned Aces, I have a mole in the BWFC camp and am party to some pretty interesting info.

Just for the record, Swansea turned down three offers from Bolton.

There are two idiots in this story. Megson for offering so much for a crocked Championship player, and Swansea for not accepting hard cash for a crocked Championship player.

By the way, for those of you that haven't followed my recent work on Burned Aces, I have a mole in the BWFC camp and am party to some pretty interesting info.

Of course you have :nea:

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.