Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Transfer Window - In And Out

Now Colye is back home we can look forward to the future, im sure he has been given funds to spend or i doubt he would have come. Who would we like to see come in and out this window? If Nixon is to be believed then he has it that Guti will be OC first signing on loan, i think this will be a great signing. Secondly there is alot of talk on the Burnley Messageboards that we will go for Nugent, not sure that he would be worth the money. Tel Ben Haim would be a great bargain if pompeys troubles are to be believed.

Finally i think we should say good bye to Elmander, i know alot think OC may be able to turn him around but i just dont thin k he can cut it in this league. If we sell him now i would like to think we could get ?3m for him but if we hold on until the summer and he does not pick up then with only 12months left on his contract and 2 bad years under his belt he would be near worthless.

Any thoughts on targets?

Now Colye is back home we can look forward to the future, im sure he has been given funds to spend or i doubt he would have come. Who would we like to see come in and out this window? If Nixon is to be believed then he has it that Guti will be OC first signing on loan, i think this will be a great signing. Secondly there is alot of talk on the Burnley Messageboards that we will go for Nugent, not sure that he would be worth the money. Tel Ben Haim would be a great bargain if pompeys troubles are to be believed.

Finally i think we should say good bye to Elmander, i know alot think OC may be able to turn him around but i just dont thin k he can cut it in this league. If we sell him now i would like to think we could get ?3m for him but if we hold on until the summer and he does not pick up then with only 12months left on his contract and 2 bad years under his belt he would be near worthless.

Any thoughts on targets?

Richard Nixon could come back from the dead and preach we are signing Guti but there is no way we will be!

• Site Supporter

i reckon coyle can bring out the best of Hunt as Big Sam did..

hopefully he might be able to bring some youth players through as well.. at the moment the academy doesnt seem to be getting many through..

How about matt kilgallon.. we were linked to him a few weeks ago..

victor moses.. (getting a lot of attention )

or nugent from Portsmouth ( might get a good deal on him and TBH )

The only Guti stories around are linking Gary Megson with signing him. Somehow i dont think Gary Megson will be signing many players this month :rofl: . Even then Megson wasnt actually quoted as interested it was just the previous link with Hierro and Campo joining us from Madrid.

O'Hara from Spurs looks decent and could get him on loan. Now we might play more "attractive" football Coyle has formed a relationship with Wenger so possibly one of their youngsters?

Hunt,Shittu,Vaz Te all to go

Birch, where has Nixon said this about Guti?

It was in the Mirror before GM got sacked, then it was in the Mirror that the deal was on hold and finally Nixon was on the Burnley messageboard the other night telling Burnley fans exactly what was happening with the Coyle situation and the fact that Burnley has messed up, he said then that Guti would be Coyle's first signing. If we can land him on loan then i think it would be a good move.

Vaz Te, Shittu and Elmander can all go for me.

Not sure if Wenger would let Wilshire come to us on loan but he would be good. We where linked with that massive striker from Austria who has scored about 40 goals, he looked good on paper.

Would anyone be interested in Beattie? Would OC?

It was in the Mirror before GM got sacked, then it was in the Mirror that the deal was on hold and finally Nixon was on the Burnley messageboard the other night telling Burnley fans exactly what was happening with the Coyle situation and the fact that Burnley has messed up, he said then that Guti would be Coyle's first signing. If we can land him on loan then i think it would be a good move.

Vaz Te, Shittu and Elmander can all go for me.

Not sure if Wenger would let Wilshire come to us on loan but he would be good. We where linked with that massive striker from Austria who has scored about 40 goals, he looked good on paper.

Would anyone be interested in Beattie? Would OC?

Any good on grass, though?

a central defender and a creative spark in midfield

davies m and cohen are good, but we could do better in the middle

Tony Caldwell was an electrician wasn't he?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.