Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Spurs v Wanderers FAC5 replay

Good game, needed a 2nd goal in the 1st half / start of 2nd half when we were dominating. Gardner is far more influencial in the middle than Cohen.

Very harsh pen, but at least consistent with all the other w@nk decisions of late.

How long is Klasnic out for? Elmanders effort and decent touches are all well and good but I'd rather have someone who can finish!!

If we get a bad draw send the reserves out for the replay??

• Moderators

i also want klasnic back

him n elmander might just have enough to drag us to safety

im not sure which blind bloke made davies MOTM today

davies was ok but whoever it was obviously doesn't recognise a top midfielder when he sees one

muamba was the best player on that pitch by a mile

im not sure which blind bloke made davies MOTM today

davies was ok but whoever it was obviously doesn't recognise a top midfielder when he sees one

muamba was the best player on that pitch by a mile

Andy Townsend. Kinda says it all

• Site Supporter

davies did as well as he usually does. Defenders hate it, but does It actually do us any good? I'd say no because the refs really have some kind of vendetta against him.

Only thing missing from elmander today was a goal.

Gardner looked like he had a point to prove.

Very good 60 mins from all, best I've seen for a while but it's still only a draw at home.

Edited by HomerJay

davies did as well as he usually does. Defenders hate it, but does It actually do us any good? I'd say no.

Gardner looked like he had a point to prove.

Very good 60 mins from all, best I've seen for a while but it's still only a draw at home.

tricky one but i would say yes. defenders hate playing against him thus giving two centre halfs a rough ride for the 90. this on it's own gives the midfield, or it should do, the oppotunity to do their biz - but there lies the problem.

Guest bwfcdan

Im bloody gutted, was desperate to see us at wembley this year. We aint gonna win at Spurs. I dont even know if im gonna go, see what the prices are...

Guest Frandsen08

davies played well, but MOM was jussi for me, kept us in it, and i dont just mean the pen save.

no one played babdly today, hopefully knight is ok for weds.

gardner is the difference in how we play IMO

david bentley is a twat, coz he's a dingle

klasnic is missed even though elmo played brilliantly today

fair play to spurs for bringing that many seeing as it was on telly

if we win at their place we'll do well

Elmander did brilliantly for our goal and had a couple of good moves, if he and Muamba could finish we'd have had a hat full.

Jussi did well today penalty save especially

Muamba made Palacios and Huddlestone look like pansies.

ricketts and knight did well again

All that said Spurs will destroy us at White heart lane.

2-2 in the league and the 1st half today we played fantastic, at times it was amazing, quick fast on the floor passing, 1 touch football, we had a lot of variety to our game, but we again only play for a half, 2nd half we have to thank Jussi for keeping us in it, but Elmander even though he played well really should of scored at least 1 or hit the target more, some of his shots we're wild.

Great team goal, just like the one v Spurs in the league, think it will be a struggle away to Spurs, but Leeds managed a 2-2 draw there and Spurs have had negative results against the likes of Hull and Stoke for example at White Hart Lane so that can give us optimism.

If we do win, we can go to Fulham and win, no doubts, we managed a 1-1 draw and they only scored because of a deflection, so Bolton can take positives from that, maybe Klasnic will be fit soon and take some chances, because we are definitely playing well and are good enough to create goal scoring opportunities.

Not a bad draw if it was a league game, but of course Spurs will be the happier of the teams, a replay for them and they should of been knocked out by half time.

Gardner cannot last 90 mins, he was fucked just after half time. The first 50 mins or so he was very good but he was so fucked 2nd half players were just running past him and he didnt have enough energy to even stick his leg out. Shame because he is very good when on song. Good performance though and I heard Cahill could be back in 3 weeks so things are looking up :yahoo:

Guest Frandsen08

Gardner cannot last 90 mins, he was fucked just after half time. The first 50 mins or so he was very good but he was so fucked 2nd half players were just running past him and he didnt have enough energy to even stick his leg out. Shame because he is very good when on song. Good performance though and I heard Cahill could be back in 3 weeks so things are looking up :yahoo:

have to agree about Ricky G, but i think cohen is a good person to replace him when he's knackered. needs to start against wiggin.

that would be brilliant news about cahill as well

Ricky Gardner was magnificent in the first half against Spurs but he is more of a sprinter than a marathon man. You cannot expect anyone to play at that pace in midfield for 90 minutes. That's why he is better at left back where you get time to take a bit of a breather.

davies did as well as he usually does. Defenders hate it, but does It actually do us any good? I'd say no because the refs really have some kind of vendetta against him.

davies had a great game, defo worth MOTM for me, he worked his rocks off, took his goal superbly well with a superb first touch. statistically i think we are better with than without him??

elmander? couldn`t disagree more. his passing and shooting were absolutely abysmal. he made one good pass in the 2nd half when he slipped the ball in from the touch line. apart from that he was bilge. he had several good opportunities including one effort where despite being on his own he managaed to push himself out too wide and then balloon the ball 80 yards wide and 60 yards above the goal. He also made a terrible hash of a 10 yard pass to CYL who would have been clean through. NOT GOOD ENOUGH