Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

To All The

Ratwhite

• Site Supporter

agreed, he had to go and it was sad it came to that.

i`m puzzled as to who it was who miraculously kept us up 2 yrs ago and then had us in mid table the following year????

could it be the man who was clearly out of his depth in the premier league, who has ruined our club and bought a load of championship dross?

:cray:

its also amusing that all those people who hounded him out are now the same ones telling us all to `look forward` and `stop shit stirring` isnt it

Wrong again IMO. The people who are telling us to look forward are those who generally want to have a positive outlook. I tried to be the same with Megson in charge. Harping on about negatives all the time is boring and unproductive. You acknowlegde it and try to do something about it, which is exactly what Coyle is trying to do, I suggest you do the same.

Alternatively keep moaning, keep attributing blame, turn up depressed on Saturday and play your part in getting us relegated.

• Moderators

i'm sure he is trying

it's just that i'm yet to see any evidence of him being successful

don't get me wrong, i quite like the bloke

hes what was needed

thing is, he shouldn't have been needed

i'm worried

genuinely worried

its got that whiff of 1980 all over it

its grim and set to get grimmer if pompey go

• Site Supporter

i'm sure he is trying

hes what was needed

i'm worried

genuinely worried

Come on mate, cheer up a bit! Although I only "know" you as a poster on here, up until the last few months you have usually been quite positive even in the most desperate of situations and I admired your staunch support of all things BWFC. It seems, as I was, you were disappointed and disgusted with the element of "support" the team were getting under Megson and perhaps you have a point that it shouldn't have come to what it did. I supported the team and Megson all the time he was our manager, but in the end things had to change, which I think you also acknowledge. So from that point on, it is stupid to look back with negativity and animosity, even if you feel you are making a justified point. Looking forward should be our only option

There are many problems which need addressing, anybody who has seen the last few games knows that. But for me you have to believe that things can change for the better - that's why we go isn't it? To initiate change Coyle and the players have to remain positive and IMO so do we as fans whether you truly believe it or not.

So come on, let's try and look forward without the negativity and criticism

COYFWM

OC has had a very tough set of games to start his tenure, he's only just got Klasnic back, Cahill is out for a while and we are missing him at both ends of the pitch (he's still our top goalscorer ffs), we've had no luck whatsoever with refereeing decisions going against us and now the keep megson brigade seem to be sitting back and rubbing their hands with glee just so they can say 'told ya so'.

Whilst I'm not happy with the last 2 league performances, we had to play on a sunday league pitch at wiggin and Blackburn aren't exactly a pushover at home. Stop the bickering and moaning and get behind the lads on saturday in what is a must must must win game! :good:

Exactly we've missed our goalscorer for the last month and had to put up with the swede who cant hit a barn door in the starting 11. The scout who picked this guy out has had a nightmare. Then again when you've a 1 in 3 goalscoring record in france (i think its something like that - for a top half of the table side also not a struggler) its a poor decision to sanction such a move. I never expected goals from him to be honest, if youve got that record in a poor french league its not rocket science to work out the return over here wouldnt be great. And too those who say he wasnt purchased as and out and out goalscorer, well its what we needed after selling anelka, our out and out goalscorer, and no other forward was bought in (aside from that makuluka character who must go down as one of the worst players ive seen in a white shirt in the prem era).

Indeed and Klasnic was a regular starter for Nantes but they're skint and needed someone else to pay his wages.

the five worst performances of the season were B'burn at home, Stoke at home, Flum at home, Wiggin Away and B'Burn away only 2 of those came under Megson's tenure.

I'm of the opinion he had to go by the end but for us to have reached that point is plain daft.

Hang on sunderland home first day was pretty horrific as well. They were far the better team - look at their away record since, and at the back end of last season as well

Clean sheet away at wigan and people call it shite.

When was the last away clean sheet?

Megson got the sack too late. Gartside gave him all the games we should have taken points from. Then brought in Coyle for a difficult run of games.

3 points and another clean sheet on Saturday will do for me.

Ding ding. Spot on. Should of gone at start of December not the end of it. Winnable games in December, hull home etc, were we've thrown away points. Would of also given Coyle a good month to look at them before the window, rather than a few days

• Site Supporter

Exactly we've missed our goalscorer for the last month and had to put up with the swede who cant hit a barn door in the starting 11. The scout who picked this guy out has had a nightmare. Then again when you've a 1 in 3 goalscoring record in france (i think its something like that - for a top half of the table side also not a struggler) its a poor decision to sanction such a move. I never expected goals from him to be honest, if youve got that record in a poor french league its not rocket science to work out the return over here wouldnt be great. And too those who say he wasnt purchased as and out and out goalscorer, well its what we needed after selling anelka, our out and out goalscorer, and no other forward was bought in (aside from that makuluka character who must go down as one of the worst players ive seen in a white shirt in the prem era).

15 in 16 this season that lad in turkey i think.

weve been here before but goalscorers do not just drop off trees. so club like ours has to gamble.

it seems klasnic could be the gamble that worked. (not that megson would ever get any credit for that)

15 in 16 this season that lad in turkey i think.

weve been here before but goalscorers do not just drop off trees. so club like ours has to gamble.

it seems klasnic could be the gamble that worked. (not that megson would ever get any credit for that)

I'll give megson credit fot that one, a good signing. Decent record in Germany, 1 in 3. This is acceptable as its a much higher standard league than France, IMO.

True they dont drop off trees, and when you havent got much to spend its particularly difficult to find someone. When you've 8m -10m to spend though (ive no idea what the official figure for Elmander was) it certainly opens a few more doors. Whether wages them becomes an issue for better quality players I dont know.

Edited by tarian1979

and the season they were relegated from divison 2?

where do you get this idea we'll be challenging for promotion?

and what sort of simpleton gets excited about chasing a prize they don't actually want cos 'its shit anyway'

What sort of simpleton gets excited about qualifying for a European trophy that we dont try to win anyway?.... not that itll be something we do again in many a year

• Moderators

klasnic scored 1 in 3 in france

dunno how many of them were in ligue b which i guess is of a lower standard than ligue a

klasnic scored 1 in 3 in france

dunno how many of them were in ligue b which i guess is of a lower standard than ligue a

Fair point, at a relegated side though which i think nantes were. At least you know he can do it from his record in france. Maybe his year in fracne was just after his transplants? Not fully fit etc? Elmander hasnt had a great scoring record be it in france, holland (wasnt he used in midfield there) denmark and now here.

the five worst performances of the season were B'burn at home, Stoke at home, Flum at home, Wiggin Away and B'Burn away only 2 of those came under Megson's tenure.

still twisting facts to support the ginge :nea:

so a nil nil draw at wigan is worse performace than getting caned at villa or losing at wolves

still twisting facts to support the ginge :nea:

so a nil nil draw at wigan is worse performace than getting caned at villa or losing at wolves

Results wise perhaps not but performance wise they were shocking games.

As i said elsewhere i'd expect more than the 2 points we've got from the last 3 games regardless of who the manager was.

There are many problems which need addressing, anybody who has seen the last few games knows that. But for me you have to believe that things can change for the better - that's why we go isn't it? To initiate change Coyle and the players have to remain positive and IMO so do we as fans whether you truly believe it or not.

So come on, let's try and look forward without the negativity and criticism

COYFWM

Dead right - we all believe that things can change for the better ...... sometime. In this case, the evidence is that it's unlikely (not impossible) to change in the next 12 games. It may take a relegation (hopefully only one) first. It's just a matter of how each fan weighs up the current situation.

Edited by Rembrandt

i'm sure he is trying

hes what was needed

i'm worried

genuinely worried

Ok you are right to be worried. I was worried in at the end of last season and even more so at the start of this season when I looked at the quality of GM's signings and the teams they were coming from.

Coyle had poor starts at both his previous clubs, but I really think he will come good eventually if it has to be in the championship it will not be his fault imo. This is GM's side.

• Site Supporter

Clean sheet away at wigan and people call it shite.

When was the last away clean sheet?

Megson got the sack too late. Gartside gave him all the games we should have taken points from. Then brought in Coyle for a difficult run of games.

3 points and another clean sheet on Saturday will do for me.

Wigan ARE shite. (see V spurs on sunday 0-3) Fact

• Moderators

Results wise perhaps not but performance wise they were shocking games.

As i said elsewhere i'd expect more than the 2 points we've got from the last 3 games regardless of who the manager was.

whilst we're here, 1st half Sunderland was far, far worse than 1st half Fulham at home

neither 2nd half performances were bad enough to make it into top 5 worst performances

not seen anything of Wigan away, but was probably better than the Villa 5-1 which I had the misfortune to watch

yes but the fact in the matter is you wont be able to go home happy if we go into administration and what not, we wont be winning feck all!

Capt Med is right, they'll always be BWFC and though the standard will not be as high, it doesn't necessarily make it any less entertaining especially if the alternative is fighting to survive at all costs because of the costs.

Best era in my lifetime was the early nineties and that year we pissed Div 1 - I wouldn't say that Brown, overlapping to Lee, cross to McGinlay was Premier league stuff but it was just as entertaining to watch.

It's not my money and I pay for the entertainment value, sample a few later and look back fondly over the day's events. My hometown team that I have a connection with once a week. Not some corporate machine with overpaid self-important players who have no alliance with BWFC, half of whom are loanees.

At least with Coyle, we've got a bloke who loves the club and has his teams play entertaining football. It's all a bit dog shit at the moment but it'll come good during his tenure and we can all start enjoying the match instead of worrying about relegation and balance sheets all the time.

Then again when you've a 1 in 3 goalscoring record in france (i think its something like that - for a top half of the table side also not a struggler) its a poor decision to sanction such a move. I never expected goals from him to be honest, if youve got that record in a poor french league its not rocket science to work out the return over here wouldnt be great.

Jesus, are we back on that one again?

Based on that logic, Anelka (1 every 4.45 games in France) and Drogba (1 every 2.82 games in France) were shit signings, too.

I bet the blokes who scouted them are sweeping the streets for a living these days.

"Megson Out" brigade.

Gonna take some flak for this but fuck it.

Your getting what you wanted now.

A team that lacks fight and spirit. A team that was formally solid (most of the time); and was showing flashes of quality football. A team that would (in my view)have taken points at Wigan (3), Fulham (3), Blackburn (1) and would have faired equally as well against Arsenal at home and Spurs in the cup. At team that would probably have a given Liverpool more of a game and possible got an early goal and maybe nicked a point or three.

A lot of possiblys and probablys there; Just my opinion. But from what i saw yesterday and previous matches; id say we would have stayed up with Megson. Not with OC.

We're fucked. End of an era.

We may be top of the Championship this time next year. But will not be watching Klasnic, Wilshers, Weiss, Cahill or JYL.

Q the barrage

now its get behind the team and sing your heart out fickle, you said it

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.