Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Spain 6 Poland 0

Zico

But they were the favourites.

That is true, but favourites don't always win, after Garrp falsely accused me of following the crowd, I more than once gave my reasons for me thinking they would win and why I like them. But it was never accepted or even taken into consideration and I still got told I was kinda of a sheep. All I did was give an opinion and then gave my reasoning.

I was shocked at Robben missing the 1 on 1 and Ramos missing the free header, 9 out 10 times I think both would have scored, Robben should have given Casillas the eyes or shot fake/drop shoulder past Casillas or a little dink.

• Members

They said I was wrong.

They said Spain won't win.

I was told I was following the crowd and didn't have an opinion of my own.

Spain the champions of the world - predicted correctly!

Here we go. El Diddl?s got summat reet. FFS

I can feel a Youtube video coming on featuring on numerous occasions the word 'Ol?' in a Blackrod accent. :roll:

That is true, but favourites don't always win, after Garrp falsely accused me of following the crowd, I more than once gave my reasons for me thinking they would win and why I like them. But it was never accepted or even taken into consideration and I still got told I was kinda of a sheep. All I did was give an opinion and then gave my reasoning.

The reasons you gave were the same reasons all the sheep gave, you didn't tell me anything that my sister wouldn't have said which she will have heard without even being interested in football.

You said it was Brazil and Ronaldinho at the last world cup, what a coincidence, he was a youtube sensation and Brazil were favs.

You're always posting Messi and Barca videos, who are favourites for everything they enter.

boring and predictable

They've dominated every game and almost been up against 10 defenders every match, other than Chile really.

What actually can they do? give the ball to the opposition a few times just to make things more interesting?

People complain about a teams lack of possession[like England] but it's different when Spain when do it? why?

Germany played some fantastic counter attacking football, was the most penetrative but came unstuck because of Spain far inferior ball possession and movement.

• Site Supporter

my 2p

spain were favourites because they play the 'beautiful game' better than anyone else. there was certainly media frenzy because the could pass it well.

i didnt beelive the hype, i thought they had a touch of the arsenal about them, ie no steel.

i honestly didnt think they had it in them to cope with the rough stuff, and would collapse when the going did get tough.

but as the tournament progressed theyve proved they can actually defend just as well as they can attack.

they really impressed in the last couple of games, where theyve adapted to the opposition in terms of formation, tactics and personnel.

they stop passing in circles for no reason, and actually realised they had to make the most of the possession when they could.

can you imagine how much better they would be if torres showed up.

worthy champions imo.

but still a bunch of nobs for not winning in 90mins and winning me some fucking money, cunts.

I think diddles and Garp are coming at this from different points of view.

diddles was right to say that spain were the best team, they won it which tends to prove the arguement

garp is right that they are not the dream team people think they are, they certainly are not exciting to watch, they are organised and efficient, everything england were nt. Their style and system is built arround the players they have. So as a betting proposition they were not good value.

Most importantly everyone seemed to know their job and stuck to it. They are one dimensional and if it comes to chasing a game they struggle as they did v switzerland (and barca did v inter)but they hardly let any goals in so their tippy tappy football does a job.

I heard a stat last night (I think, but I may have dreamt it) that said that Spain now hold the record for scoring least goals with win the World Cup - I think that shows what a dull tournament it has been really. Like a few have said on here, Spain do a lot of nice "tippy-tappy" football, but are pretty dull to watch for a full 90 minutes

• Members

Seems like most of us (except El Diddles) have reached the same conclusions then:-

1) Spain are dull to watch and only the intellectually challenged could get a hard on watching them

2) Worst World Cup in my living memory and the reasons seem pretty obvious. That stupid fcuking ball; shiyte refs; those fcuking vulvas; political meddling by Blatter, Platini and their cronies.

I watched both the 1966 and 1970 World Cup Final games the other night just to see if I had 'rose coloured' memories. Not at all - blinding games and 1970 probably stands out as the best ever.

I heard a stat last night (I think, but I may have dreamt it) that said that Spain now hold the record for scoring least goals with win the World Cup - I think that shows what a dull tournament it has been really. Like a few have said on here, Spain do a lot of nice "tippy-tappy" football, but are pretty dull to watch for a full 90 minutes

Without checking, think they've scored 8 at the tournament. The next fewest when winning is 11 (3 teams incl England).

I suspect Spain have also conceded the fewest goals in winning too.

Without checking, think they've scored 8 at the tournament. The next fewest when winning is 11 (3 teams incl England).

I suspect Spain have also conceded the fewest goals in winning too.

Said that on the radio this morning, they hold the record with France and Italy (last time out) with the grand total of 2 goals conceded

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.