Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Chicken men Sack Allardyce

You ferkin lot are bitter & twisted to say the least ............short memory symdrome or what ?

Fuck him.

I lost any respect I had for him the day he signed for Newcastle. I remember watching the interview outside his house the day he left, citing family as the reason, grandkids or whatever bullshit it was.

I used to defend that fat cunt to the hilt but like most I saw him for what he was when he left. A dirty horrible moaning fat (lying two faced) bastard.

Well well well you reap what you sow can't help but have a bit of sympathy though we have a lot to thank him for but he commands little lasting respect as many folk have said re the way he left and Sundays little jig just made him look stupid for a guy who made his name with innovative new approachs to the game I think the games moved on and he's been left behind hoof it to stay up has had it's day he's a one trick pony folk want more and owners look at clubs being brave and playing footy and want a bit of that - if they appoint a holloway, jol or o neill fair enough if they get in hughton or megson he's hard done by and west ham and allardyce is a marriage made in a whore house fucking doomed

Not really, I'd say more like borderline churlish, but there you go.

Couldn't have put it better mesen :good:

Our relationship with him is always going to be "complex" to say the least; and we owe him a lot. But then he's hardly going to come out of any process like today's skint is he. So maybe what we're really celebrating is the imparting of humility upon a wayward son.

He did a lot for us but it's probably more than true that his innovation

was because of what he did with his off the pitch process, rather than on the pitch. Defenitely

too much long ball.

The way he left us though! We were right on the edge of relegation with

one match left. What a way to abandon ship. Then immediatly joining Newcastle.

It seemed real cutthroat.

was because of what he did with his off the pitch process, rather than on the pitch. Defenitely

too much long ball.

thought we were on the verge of europe, but what do I know, or remember?

too much long ball.

No, no we weren't.

on the edge of europe in fact

• Site Supporter

too much long ball.

too much long ball, my arse.

Edited by HomerJay

No sympathy at all.He'll make more than I ever will just by getting the sack AGAIN!Sooner have Mr Coyle's style of football any day,damn sight more entertaining.Love the title of this thread,keep thinkin'of that chicken fella off the fix factor,he must definitely have had some Blackburrrn interbreeding in him somewhere.

• Members

You ferkin lot are bitter & twisted to say the least ............short memory symdrome or what ?

Anyway he may be a large media loving SOB but I for one will always be eternally grateful to him

for rescuing the club from the shite it was sliding into when Todd resigned ...........amen

It is also true & hopefully it will come to pass that the six fingered ones will counting the cost

at the end of the season because as sure as God makes little green apples t'rovers would be nowhere near

the bottom three with BSA in charge , but without him they might be ...........hopefully.

Amen to that. We are flying high and playing some of the best football I can remember since Sams team reached its peak with Okocha, Djorkaeff etc.

If we were struggling with Megson still at the helm, I'd wager there'd be some strong lobbying on here to get BSA back. Some would still want to slag the bloke mind.

Forever grateful for what he did for us as a player and as a manager. Swimming against the tide again but I wish Sam well.

Swimming against the tide again but I wish Sam well.

Aye, but you don't have to mate - he's already made his money and will be as "well" as he could ever wish for. But his issues since leaving us do surely highlight the limtations he'd convinced himself he was free of when he did one from us. Yes, he transformed us into summat we could only dream of - but I don't think he transformed himself into quite what he thought he had done. Bit of humble pie never hurts, specially when its seasoned with millions in compo.

He has a special place as a player for us owd enough to remember the 70s/early80s; and he has a managerial legacy that cannot be doubted. But the guy that joined us as manager wasn't the same one who left, and given various other issues associated with his reign, comments he made at the end, and his subsequent problems, I'm happy enough to see him get a lesson in humility.

B&Q like to employ people over 50, perhaps he could try for a job there?

On second thoughts, perhaps better not.....

Greeter/Microphone bloke at Astley Bridge Asda? It's handy & the perfect job for the sort who loves the sound of their own voice.

Free careers advisors c/o WW. Who says we're bitter & don't wish him well?

• Members

Aye, but you don't have to mate - he's already made his money and will be as "well" as he could ever wish for. But his issues since leaving us do surely highlight the limtations he'd convinced himself he was free of when he did one from us. Yes, he transformed us into summat we could only dream of - but I don't think he transformed himself into quite what he thought he had done. Bit of humble pie never hurts, specially when its seasoned with millions in compo.

He has a special place as a player for us owd enough to remember the 70s/early80s; and he has a managerial legacy that cannot be doubted. But the guy that joined us as manager wasn't the same one who left, and given various other issues associated with his reign, comments he made at the end, and his subsequent problems, I'm happy enough to see him get a lesson in humility.

When I say I wish him well mate, I meant career wise. I know that money will never be a problem for him. He's a proud man (most would prefer egotistical but for me, proud) and will want to ply his trade for a lot longer yet. I am sure that his CV will be more than good enough for plenty. If I was chairman of a club likely to be promoted, I couldn't think of a better 'banker bet' manager for survival.

I can only say that, every football fan I know down here likes the bloke except those connected to Bolton, Blackburn, Newcastle and Burnley. There are about 8 Wet Spammers in my scooter club who would love to have him at present. Admittedly, once he stabilised em, I suspect they'd soon get fed up with the football style.

When I say I wish him well mate, I meant career wise. I know that money will never be a problem for him. He's a proud man (most would prefer egotistical but for me, proud) and will want to ply his trade for a lot longer yet. I am sure that his CV will be more than good enough for plenty. If I was chairman of a club likely to be promoted, I couldn't think of a better 'banker bet' manager for survival.

I can only say that, every football fan I know down here likes the bloke except those connected to Bolton, Blackburn, Newcastle and Burnley. There are about 8 Wet Spammers in my scooter club who would love to have him at present. Admittedly, once he stabilised em, I suspect they'd soon get fed up with the football style.

So I guess the question is, is he the architect of his own "downfall" through his inflated ego? Is that the real tragedy here? - did the Sam who came to Bolton eager to learn, transform himself too quickly, in his own eyes, into the great achiever? Yes minor miracles with us....but that hardly makes him Cloughie; if it did we'd have won the Champions League in 02-03 and 03-04. The guy that left was not the guy that came, and in the end, by definition, he controls that; and in end the real tragedy might be that he could have had greater prizes if his short term greed (at many definitions of the phrase) had not got the better of him. Pity really, because we could all have been proud of him.

VITK on this, the new manager will be Colonel Ron Sanders with Chick Charnley as his number two, they've been hatching this one for a couple of weeks. There'll be a small incubation period before they take official charge. You heard it here first yolks.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.