Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Kevin Nolan

Ani

Great servant for us Nolan, his last 2 years were woeful,he cannot be played in midfield unless he has lots of legs around him, however he is one of the best finishers I have ever seen in the box. The move came at the right time for both parties and I would love to see him back at the Reebok in some capacity when his career ends. Thanks for the memories Kev many of them were ultra special.

One of the players who helped get us up and establish us in this league. Nolan has scored some of our greatest ever goals and created some memories i will never forget. Maybe the people who hounded him out may think twice before doing the same to any other players but i doubt it.

Nolan ruined himself. He was playing badly way before Sam left.

Lee didn't help. "I don't know where I am supposed to play," - Kevin Nolan, Portsmouth 2007.

Nor did Megson, who had him playing a more defensive role, which meant he scored less. Nolan without goals is a pretty ordinary player.

That said, I'm glad he's back on track. He always came across as a decent lad.

Nyaaaah? sorry where was this going?

I was in a pub in Liverpool the summer after we first beat United when my mate comes over saying he's in the pub with Kevin Nolan do you want to meet him.. I said i didn't want to hassle him. 5 minutes later Nolan walks over asks what I'm drinking, buy's me beer and sits down for a chat mainly about him scoring at old trafford the year before. As he gets off I say thanks for scoring against them the win was class. He turns around and says I'll do it again this year as well.. He kept his promise. Bolton Legend

• Moderators

11 goals this season, not many pointing, fat arsed, midfielders with no legs do that in the Prem.

and that's why it was a good move all round

new lease of life for him

he didn't exactly do much for them when they went down, but now he's settled up there he's doing well

in his last couple of seasons with us, he pointed alot, was fat and breathed out his arse, a lot

no denying that

• Moderators

One of the players who helped get us up and establish us in this league. Nolan has scored some of our greatest ever goals and created some memories i will never forget. Maybe the people who hounded him out may think twice before doing the same to any other players but i doubt it.

who hounded him out?

I don't beleive anyone did

Newcastle made a bid for him out the blue when Barton got injured and Megson saw it as a good deal and the chance to bring Mark Davies in

the difference in midfield in Nolan's last game (Blackburn) and Davies's first game (Spurs) was there for all to see

Nolan's time with us was up, regardless of what he's gone on to do

IMO...Nolan was and is still one of the best goal scoring midfielders in the Premierleague. Playing in advance of your "all round" midfielder just behind the front one/two.

It seemed to me in Sam's last year and subsequently under Lee/Megson that they tried to get more out of him (Sam did this with JJ too :angry: ), playing a little deeper and more box to box. His game just didnt live up to the previous set standards.

I personally thought his celebration wasnt "muted" on Saturday and was a little dissapointed, although I guess this is just the modern day footballer and he is entitled to do anything he wants

IMO...Nolan was and is still one of the best goal scoring midfielders in the Premierleague. Playing in advance of your "all round" midfielder just behind the front one/two.

It seemed to me in Sam's last year and subsequently under Lee/Megson that they tried to get more out of him (Sam did this with JJ too :angry: ), playing a little deeper and more box to box. His game just didnt live up to the previous set standards.

I personally thought his celebration wasnt "muted" on Saturday and was a little dissapointed, although I guess this is just the modern day footballer and he is entitled to do anything he wants

On MOTD he said he forgot for a second he was playing against Bolton so then he stopped.

• Moderators

On MOTD he said he forgot for a second he was playing against Bolton so then he stopped.

aye, looked that way to me

started with that chicken doings then put his hands up as if to say "best stop this"

no probs for me

even had he kissed his badge i wouldn't have been arsed

would've just kissed mine back

Guest Frandsen08

That was me finaly letting go, his admition of guilt has made me feel better !

ha ha i guess you can start living you life again now!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.