Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

9Th April V Whu

MickyD

• Site Supporter

I'll just get the hair shirt on for daring to introduce a bit of a talking point. My mistake, I thought you moderators were supposed to encourage that sort of thing. My mistake!

Edited by MickyD

• Moderators

What the fuck has it got to do with me being a moderator? I'm supposed to encourage fuck all, we've got enough of a job keeping the board from being flooded with shit. Not that I have to explain myself to one of WL's main boys.

Right. This is based on 5 x Cat As, 7 x Cat Bs, 5 x Cat Cs and 2 x cheap offers (?15).

North Lower

Season Ticket: ?339 - ?17.84 per game

With Discount: ?285 - ?15.00 per game

Game-by-Game: ?426 - ?22.42 per game

Member (inc ?25 fee): ?356 - 18.74 per game

East Lower

Season Ticket: ?439 - ?23.11 per game

With Discount: ?369 - ?19.42 per game

Game-by-Game: ?499 - ?26.26 per game

Member (inc ?25 fee): ?429 - ?22.58 per game

Fuck all to gripe about, then.

Edited by enzo gambaro

• Site Supporter

What the fuck has it got to do with me being a moderator? I'm supposed to encourage fuck all, we've got enough of a job keeping the board from being flooded with shit. Not that I have to explain myself to one of WL's main boys.

What the fuck hs WL got to do with anything? It failed because there was no argument. All sang from the same hymn sheet as it were. No debate. Which it seems is what you advocate.

Nice that you're bitter about my dallience with WL and my subsequent return. At least it gives me a reason for your constant gripes about my posts.

• Site Supporter

It was an alternative message board/forum run by former WW moderator Traf. It failed because the ones that used it all saw BWFC from similar stances and so debate rarely flourished. WL = White Love

• Moderators

What the fuck hs WL got to do with anything? It failed because there was no argument. All sang from the same hymn sheet as it were. No debate. Which it seems is what you advocate.

Nice that you're bitter about my dallience with WL and my subsequent return. At least it gives me a reason for your constant gripes about my posts.

I advocate fuck all and I haven't got a clue what you mean about constant gripes.

You say you want debate but you seem to be getting the hump because folk don't share your view.

Am I missing something?

Again?

That's what I was thinking. You wanted a debate and that's exactly what you got.

• Site Supporter

You say you want debate but you seem to be getting the hump because folk don't share your view.

Am I missing something?

Again?

Debate I can stand. Just replying with "I think you're moaning for the sake of it" is not debate.

Debate I can stand. Just replying with "I think you're moaning for the sake of it" is not debate.

Well why were you moaning?

Fat Phil has said many times that even with the reduced ticket offers they always make sure the ST holder gets in for less per game over the season.

i also dont give a fcuk about any special discounts that Non S/T Holders will recieve for this game.

I bought my S/T (along with 7 other lads) and i feel fully justified already in paying whatever it cost for a s/t in the NSL. We've had a decent season and i have enjoyed it thoroughly and will be renewing next season.

drop the prices,fill the ground and push the lads on to a top 8 finish

COYWM :drinks:

• Site Supporter

Maybe in this current economic climate they could drop S/T prices at the beginning of the season. Things like football must be fairly high on people's list of stuff to drop first when money gets tight. A further reduction may even encourage former S/T holders to come back to the club and thus fill the stands for every game rather than just the unattractive ones.

My gripe is that the folk who don't buy up front are the ones who get the deals during the season.

Regards Phil Gartside saying we still pay less over the season, I was never disputing this. As well as looking after my own finances I'd also like to see more S/T holders adding to the atmosphere.

• Moderators

Maybe in this current economic climate they could drop S/T prices at the beginning of the season. Things like football must be fairly high on people's list of stuff to drop first when money gets tight. A further reduction may even encourage former S/T holders to come back to the club and thus fill the stands for every game rather than just the unattractive ones.

My gripe is that the folk who don't buy up front are the ones who get the deals during the season.

Regards Phil Gartside saying we still pay less over the season, I was never disputing this. As well as looking after my own finances I'd also like to see more S/T holders adding to the atmosphere.

yeah but they pay full whack for every other game

s/t's get the cheap game deal, for all season (well NSL do, where I sit) plus all the other conveniences that come with it

top of my head this is the only game that's been reduced so far?

I know there was the 3 games for ?60 deal too, but am talking individual games here

STs are a good deal, but it would seem from what you say that you think either you're missing out by being one (which over a season you are not) or want more money off because other fans get what you perceive as a better deal

if you want the season tickets reduced to bring back more fans, then they did that a few years ago, hence my NSL being ?285

if the club don't do this it's prob because either they are as cheap as can be from a business point of view OR the last lot of reductions didn't have the desired effect

I very much doubt the reduced price for west ham will make that much difference to the crowd either

but it may well add a few more fans onto the gate, perhaps with more atmosphere, which is what you want

i don't think ST holders make a better atmosphere than not ST holders though

Interesting one this. West Ham would have brought 5,500 (capacity of whole south stand?) to this no matter what the price is given their predicament. So would we make more money by selling the tickets to West Ham fans for ?30 instead of ?15. Plus I never get a ?10 ticket when I go to that dump :angry:

Sunderland home game may have been a better pick for this offer.

EDIT: 15 rather than 10

Edited by ex_midlandwhite

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.