Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Season 2011/12 Strikers

Are any other Bolton fans worried after this season about our lack of quality strikers for the next season and beyond? Kevin Davies will be 35, Klasnic is unable to play a full 90 minutes, and definately not two matches a week, Sturridge will go back to Chelsea, and I have it on good authority that Bolton`s top scorer this season, Elmander will be off to Juventus in the summer. Which leaves us with Moreno (if we buy him), Tom Eaves, and Robbie Blake as back up to Kevin Davies and Klasnic. Obviously we hope Coyle will bring in a couple of quality strikers in the summer. Who would you want in and why?

Are any other Bolton fans worried after this season about our lack of quality strikers for the next season and beyond? Kevin Davies will be 35, Klasnic is unable to play a full 90 minutes, and definately not two matches a week, Sturridge will go back to Chelsea, and I have it on good authority that Bolton`s top scorer this season, Elmander will be off to Juventus in the summer. Which leaves us with Moreno (if we buy him), Tom Eaves, and Robbie Blake as back up to Kevin Davies and Klasnic. Obviously we hope Coyle will bring in a couple of quality strikers in the summer. Who would you want in and why?

::lol:: ::lol:: ::lol::

You should not worry 1 bit, as long as you have a Coyle at the Club !

Have I travelled forward in time and this panic is bacause its now the 30th of August?

Elmander for Juve? :lol:. If its black and white stripes you're after, try Newcastle as a far more likely destination.

• Moderators

Juventus :rofl: :rofl:

We have a transfer window yet, Coyle will work his magic. :good:

fer me it's not "that" unlikely

they're not the team they were

not won owt in quite a few years and currently in 7th 7 points clear of 6th, so prob not in Europe next season

am sure Enzo knows more about it, but to me it's not unrealistic

• Site Supporter

fer me it's not "that" unlikely

they're not the team they were

not won owt in quite a few years and currently in 7th 7 points clear of 6th, so prob not in Europe next season

am sure Enzo knows more about it, but to me it's not unrealistic

agree with this.

if elmo leaves, his then whereabouts may suprise a few people.

They are still massive despite their recent history. Is Del Piero meant to retire at the end of the season? They still have Iaquinta and i'm guessing they'll try and sign Quagliarella on a full term. They have that Matri too who isnt bad. I really would doubt him going there. Germany is his best bet.

• Site Supporter

out of contract players are

steinsson

samuel

obrien

cohen

taylor

gardner

moreno

blake

elmander

sturridge

be very suprised if steinsson, taylor and elmo are not offered new deals.

samuel and cohen are good squad players too imo, but i think if we did offer, theyd turn us down.

obrien and gardner are no physically up to it.

blake is too old

id be happy with moreno and sturrdge on loan again

out of contract players are

steinsson

samuel

obrien

cohen

taylor

gardner

moreno

blake

elmander

sturridge

Of that list, I'll be very, very suprised if Samuel, O'Brien, Blake or Gardner are offered new contracts.

Nope !! Coyley will be well down the line with next seasons striker OR strikers dependent on Elmo.

• Moderators

Of that list, I'll be very, very suprised if Samuel, O'Brien, Blake or Gardner are offered new contracts.

me too

i' like to think if we can be sentimental over the kit man job, we could get some deal for gardner that would suit all parties

Is like to see Gardner join the academy set up as coach. When someone spends nigh on their entire career at a club its sad to see them go.

Will any of the academy lads understand him? There again they are probably all into the same musically tastes

They are still massive despite their recent history. Is Del Piero meant to retire at the end of the season? They still have Iaquinta and i'm guessing they'll try and sign Quagliarella on a full term. They have that Matri too who isnt bad. I really would doubt him going there. Germany is his best bet.

A True Giant of the Global game is Juventus, still easily the biggest team in Italy.

Matri si quality, and will cost around ?12 Million, at the end of the season.

Iaquinta will be gone, he cant get a game.

Quagliarella im thinking wont be signed by them now, as he is injured for the rest of the season, so I doubt they will part with ?10 million in May.

They play with Luca Toni and Matri at the moment, so I exoect them to spend big in the Summer, Cavani or probably get Dzeko of City, as they have been after him for years!

They are looking at Forlan.

I doubt Elmander has even been looked at !

i think as long as were in europe next season we will have no problem with strikers, elmander will stay if we get in europe, we will have more chance of keeping sturridge, an am sure we can attract another quality striker especially with this great football that we play under coyle : )

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.