Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Tom Bender

Didn't John Terry get seriously done in the cup final and it continued? I havnt seen it so cannot judge how serious it is

John Terry is a cunt though so it doesnt count, even his team mates were glad.

Hope the young welsh lad is ok, must be bad to be called off.

• Moderators

Would a prem match have been abandoned?

never seen a game delayed more than 10 minutes

30 minutes though, maybe - depends how far into the game, and what time in the evening it is

30 minutes though, maybe - depends how far into the game, and what time in the evening it is

I played in a game once and one of the opposition broke his leg, the pitch was the middle of nowhere and we couldn't move him, we had to wait for the ambulance to come and get him. Anyway, all this took around 45 minutes, we were all ready to carry on playing but the referee called the game off and said there was too much risk of further injury due to everybody now not being "warm" anymore - which kind of made sense, we would have probably had to go through another 20 minutes or so of warm up in order to play the game.

Anyway, we were losing at the time and it had started to rain, so we weren't overly bothered and the other team were too worried about their player to be arsed either way, so we all agreed to abandon the match.

In the Bender incident the blow to the head was a punch from his own goalkeeper, who was certainly too upset to continue playing, given the injured player's condition at that time.

There was a stoppage for floodlight failure last week in Slovenia. The match was eventually restarted and completed, with the second half taking 83 minutes in total.

Was at Oxford Utd v Grays a couple of years back when the Grays keeper got nobbled with a bad neck. 35 mins injury time in first half I think and he played the week after! Saying that bumping into Timmy Mallett in the bar before the game could have messed my head.

Worse bit was gagging for a fag and couldn't get out 'til he blew for H-T.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.