Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Fifa Block England Wearing The Poppy

gonzo

wonder what the odds are on a player pulling his top to reveal a poppy after scoring? got to be worth a booking surely!

mind you i dont think the spannish team will feel too strongly on the issue to be fair... :tongue:

When the world and assorted bedwetters looks upon us with scorn pity or derision at our little flowery show of gratitude, appn' they need to spare a thought that it was this tiny little island which first stood up against the evils of facism and social intolerance which would have changed the face of decent society as we know it today.

Every yid, spastic, queer, sambo, commie, frog, boffin, and window licker should be fucking well grateful.

When the world and assorted bedwetters looks upon us with scorn pity or derision at our little flowery show of gratitude, appn' they need to spare a thought that it was this tiny little island which first stood up against the evils of facism and social intolerance which would have changed the face of decent society as we know it today.

Every yid, spastic, queer, sambo, commie, frog, boffin, and window licker should be fucking well grateful.

I'd say all but the frogs on that list are grateful.

Despite not being allowed to have poppies on their shirts, this is what will be happening :-

1) The England players will wear black armbands during the Spain game

2) The FA will place a poppy wreath on the pitch during the national anthems

3) There will be a one-minute silence ahead of kick-off

4) Players will wear training tops with poppies on match day

5) Players will wear poppy-embossed anthem jackets during the anthems

6) The England squad will train at Wembley on Friday and will observe the two-minute silence at 11am, all wearing training tops embossed with poppies.

7) The poppy will be visible around Wembley on the scoreboards and advertising boards.

I'd say that's quite a bit of respect being shown.

You are missing the point, the wearing of the poppy means something to a lot of people. (Not meaning all the people who are creating a fuss now)

Stopping the national team doing this is what has annoyed people, the fact that the morally corrupt leaders of FIFA are involved in a battle of morals with the equaly inept leaders of the FA adds an element of farce to the whole process.

If the FA thinks this is such an issue they should wear the poppies anyway and live with the consequences.

I hazard a guess that their principles do not stretch to makign a stand.

Were nt we on of the only teams in the premiership not to have a poppy on our shirt last year? The club had done other things, but no poppy on the shirt.

someones just told me cameron has told the team to wear the poppies anyway......??

And for that reason, they should all refuse! Who is he to tell anyone what they can and can't wear?

Up until now, I was all for them being worn, but it is this kind of tyrannical behaviour our boys fought to erradicate in the first place. I support the poppy and our boys, but when politicians start using it as a political football, it loses all its meaning.

I'd say all but the frogs on that list are grateful.

I know. I was being ironic.

Basically nowt much has changed in society since hitler was goose-stepping through Paris, with the treatment or acceptance of certain folk.

I suppose in fairness, we've not sent them to the chambers though.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.