Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

England V Sweden

HomerJay

He probably is, but, I thought Walker was awful first half and average in the second half, not a clue how he got MOM

Neither him or Baines did anything to suggest they would be future regulars for me, although it was Walkers 1st appearance so he may grow into the role. Cant see what Richards from City has to do to get in the squad though

Rodwell, Walker and Jones have took to England like a duck to water.

All were brilliant.

Rodders should have scored, and would have been close to MOM.

Baines did well, proved again how good he is, and offers so much going forward. They call him the left footed Beckham in training....would like to see him take more free kicks n corners.

Downing was better, he needs to do that more often.

Cahill superb, I think he was much better than Terry, for me now we need to find a the right partner for Cahill, long term. He's a mountain, and no offence to you lot, but he needs to playing for a big club.

• Site Supporter

kyle walker, they were all wanking over him but he played against nobody in the 1st half then got dicked a couple of time against wilhelmson.

he had a couple of runs, but most od the time, he was just hovering behind walcott, rather than going past him, making any kind of space.

it seems just because a player has pace, that instantly makes him a world beater

if thats the standard were looking for, no wonder we're shit.

Edited by HomerJay

Much better by England last night, we seemed a lot less inclined to hoof the ball in a hopeful cross and kept possession a lot better. There seem to be a few more actual footballers in that team rather than the defensive dross we normally put out. Was very impressed with Rodwell even though he missed a couple of good chances.

Think there are a few 'shoe in' players who should be worried about their places in the squad going of that performance from some of the youngsters.

kyle walker, they were all wanking over him but he played against nobody in the 1st half then got dicked a couple of time against wilhelmson.

he had a couple of runs, but most od the time, he was just hovering behind walcott, rather than going past him, making any kind of space.

How about we look at the positive things he did. He was quick, and he disposed them on a few occasions, and his positioning was good, and distribution was good.

Too quick to pick on the bad points. Do we really expect players to come in and do everything perfect, and look like Maldini instantly ?? You have to look for signs of quality, and he has it in abundance.

It's funny as its the opposite for your team !

• Members

it seems just because a player has pace, that instantly makes him a world beater

Just out of interest, do you think there's a better RB around at the moment? If so, who?

• Site Supporter

Micah Richards.

id go with this.

johnson is also better. although suspect defensively.

ive no issue with walker per se, but ffs, he was hardly cafu last night.

i just know, he play 5 games for england, then every cunt (who said he was great) will be saying he's now crap.

Edited by HomerJay

id go with this.

i just know, he play 5 games for england, then every cunt (who said he was great) will be saying he's now crap.

You have picked 2 players that ONLY have what you had a pop at earlier...PACE!

2 Headless chickens Johnson and Richards !

Rodwell was impressive, he looked ready to be a regular in the squad at least. He is good defensively and good going forward and he is very quick. If he stays fit he will be a regular sooner rather than later imo.

All's he has needed for years now, is regular games for Everton, and previously, with Arteta and Fellaini in the Everton team, Rodwell would miss out, and when pushed back in, never match fit, and would pick up niggles.

Now with Arteta gone, its his chance to made that place his, and he has been very good this season.

I suspect, this time next year the same will be happening with Barkley.

• Site Supporter

if you say so.

richards is strong in the challenge and can actually head a ball.

johnson has the ability to go past people time and time again, he scores goals with either foot.

not sure walker can do any of this....yet. (last night certainly didnt prove he could)

You have picked 2 players that ONLY have what you had a pop at earlier...PACE!

2 Headless chickens Johnson and Richards !

Are you thinking of the same Richards I am?

Big black fella plays for City?

He's by far the best English right back at the minute. He must've pissed Capello off summert rotten not to get picked.

if you say so.

richards is strong in the challenge and can actually head a ball.

johnson has the ability to go past people time and time again, he scores goals with either foot.

not sure walker can do any of this....yet. (last night certainly didnt prove he could)

Just what you need from your right back, and something he has has NEVER done in 35 England caps.....and 6 years older than Walker....is he going to improve ???!!!

Edited by Pablo

Are you thinking of the same Richards I am?

Big black fella plays for City?

He's by far the best English right back at the minute. He must've pissed Capello off summert rotten not to get picked.

He should be in the squad on form granted, but he is not a good technical player, he is all pace and power, no grace/finess at all.

• Members

Richards really went off the boil for a couple of years but has finally found his form again this season. I'd have no issue with him being picked at RB.

I do though, have issue with Johnson. It's not that he's simply "better going forward", as a RB, defensively, he is fucking terrible. He shouldn't be anywhere near the first XI.

id go with this.

That comment plus the grief you give mears who's never played for us confirms you know fuck all about right backs homer - your posts are usually respectable but that is a crock of shite.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.