Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Honest Garages.

leigh white

Been having problems with my clutch and finding it hard to get my car in to gear, a mate give me a garage number so i arranaged to take it round today. He said it was a gear linkage problem and it would cost me ? 140 with VAT. He asked did i want a lift back to Leigh, but i told him my mam only lives a mile away. An hour later he phones me saying its not the gear linkage but your clutch cable needed tightning and its fine now. How much then mate, nothing he said. I offered him ?20 for a drink, but he refused. So i treated myself to a brand new pair of windscreen wipers. :thumbsup:

I went to Equipe today on M/cr Rd Bolton, i was booked in to have new rear brake pads on a 4x4.

They rang me and said the pads were like new on the front and rear, they cleaned up the discs and said there was no charge.They could easily have just fit new rear pads and charged me accordingly.

They also rang me an hour later to say i'd left my sports bag in the waiting area.

Top notch place is Equipe.

• Site Supporter

I went to Equipe today on M/cr Rd Bolton, i was booked in to have new rear brake pads on a 4x4.

They rang me and said the pads were like new on the front and rear, they cleaned up the discs and said there was no charge.They could easily have just fit new rear pads and charged me accordingly.

They also rang me an hour later to say i'd left my sports bag in the waiting area.

Top notch place is Equipe.

I've always found them the same.

Very down to earth. I shake my head whenever I drive past and see people in Kwik Fit opposite.

• Site Supporter

Used Equipe in Astley the other weekend.

Pleased with the full service and MOT for ?150 ( no being picky on MOT recommendations ).

Definately use again.

One on Chaddock lane? used them also, Wanderers fan, got two tyres put on before driving to Wembley, gave me a discount when he found out that was the reason for the new tyres :thumbsup:

in fact, wouldn't surprise me if he frequented this site, such was his choice of words when discussing the match and Bolton in general, never asked him though

• Site Supporter

good thing with Busy garages is that they don't feel the need to scam people to get the money. (Kwikfit aside)

In Bolton I always use Elite in Tonge Moor, had loads fo work done there (Run a van which does about 1000 miles a week so needs to be in tip top), and never had a problem,

Got pulled over for broken brake lights last year.

went into halfords for new bulbs and asked for them to stamp my police form to say they had been changed and they wanted ?15. told them they can fu#k off.

bobbed to equipe who stamped it no problems and no charge. Very nice people.

• Site Supporter

Smithie Garage, Ramsbottom.

Bloke and his dad.

Had my van serviced yesterday, but need to take it back Wed. for a part to be fitted that they ordered.

'Pay us in total Wednesday'

Took my van, fully serviced, home. Don't have to go back there to have the part fitted.

If they trust me, then I can trust them as to the quality of their work :good:

• 1 month later...
  • Moderators

Got a warning light, some cheeky fucker quoted me ?40 to look at it.

Bought an Autel Maxiscan MS301 ODB-II to do it myself for ?20.

Got a code, P1135 on a Rav 4.

Can someone put this into English "P1135 a/f sensor bank 1 sensor 1 heater fault."

And does it need doing or can I ignore it? Obrigado.

The Axe man did the same to me.

Was told by AA man that gear box had gone, big job, explained to my usual chap at the time, he said same. Rag axe man, he said let me see first.

Turned out I had a crack in a pipe, alowing air into it, hence not working. ?30 job, gave him ?50.

or maybe we are all too cynical with mechanics.