Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Controversial Debate Time - The Stone Roses Gigs Will Be Massively Disappointing

Youri McAnespie

Probably explains your not understanding it then.

I was -14 when Electric Ladyland was released and -12 when Led Zeppelin III came out they're still amongst my all time favourites.

Ive never 'got' the Madchester bands they always seemed decent enough but nowt special. I guess if you weren't part of the scene at the time it won't have the same connection.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I couldn't care less if they're shit. All day session with a load of mates, a festival atmosphere and get to hear Roses songs. I've seen Ian Brown tons of times and sometimes he can be really good.

Got tickets for Friday, as i think his voice will deteriorate as the weekend progresses.

That's a refreshing attitude.I wish some of the moaners on here would go to the Reebok determined to enjoy themselves come what may.

Most of the 'moaners' do have a good time at home games, a fucking cracking time in some cases - it's sometimes slightly marred by the football, that's all.

The overriding attitude of most regarding these Roses gigs is the same - the music may be good, it may be a pile of horse manure but a good time will be had for other reasons.

I posted the original question not regarding whether The Roses would be any good musically/performance wise, rather would the event be marred by dickheads of all persuasions* ruining the 'ambience' and by the promoters bleeding every penny they can out of the crowd.

Other shitty things could spoil the Roses events - heavy-handed policing, sniffer dogs on the gates, searches of bags/personages for booze or other 'things' then charging about ?7 for a pint of piss.

* And I don't mean the scallies that have always been around these types of things - I mean the new breed of nobheads that have emerged in the past 6-7 years. People who go/or who have in the past gone 'out' (as in out-out ;)) will know whom I'm talking about.

Edited by Youri McAnespie

Guest Frandsen08

The sound at Heaton park for Oasis/Kasabian was bobbins.

It will be much the same for Stone Roses and Ian Browns singing will probably be shit and I can?t wait.

out of interest what day did you go to the oasis gig?

• 1 month later...

I posted the original question not regarding whether The Roses would be any good musically/performance wise, rather would the event be marred by dickheads of all persuasions* ruining the 'ambience' and by the promoters bleeding every penny they can out of the crowd.

Can't wait! Brown's always hit or miss but a good sesh with me mates listenin to tunes that were the background to our 'yoof' is all im after. Was a bit too young to catch em live last time round but when Brown has played Roses tunes it's always raised the roof.

I expect shite sound, nob eds etc but one thing that really does fuck me off is people chuckin piss. Ive been 'splashed' on before and it has to be the most feral act on earth. Also ruined a jazzy fag id just began puffing at! Wouldn't be as bad if someone just started pissing on my leg. At least id have the opportunity to have a 'word'.

Throwin piss into a crowd . . . id chop there fuckin hands off!

Edited by madthatter

Saw them on their last gig in Manchester and they were excellent, I don't hold out much hope for them in a Heaton Park. As long as I'm doing something else when Noel Gallagher starts playing his pub rock, it'll be fine. Unless it rains, then it'll be shit.

• 5 weeks later...

Soak me to my skin

Will you drown me in your sea

Submission ends and i begin

Choke me smoke the air

In this citrus sucking sunshine

I dont care, youre not all there.

Im getting in the mood now. I can only hope its better than Charlatans last week who were on top form at the Apollo with Tim sporting a blonde mop.

Bye bye Badman.

Did I mention I saw them in Warrington a couple of weeks ago? First time the original 4 had played since 1990 and it was fuckin' ace!!! Well the "official" tour started last night when they played Barcelona... Set list for those who are bothered...

?I Wanna Be Adored?

?Sally Cinnamon?

?Mersey Paradise?

?Ten Storey Love Song?

?Where Angels Play?

?Shoot You Down?

?Waterfall?

?Fools Gold?

?Standing Here?

?She Bangs The Drums?

?Made of Stone?

?This Is the One?

?Love Spreads?

?I Am The Resurrection?

Read more: http://www.live4ever.uk.com/2012/06/the-stone-roses-launch-comeback-tour-in-barcelona/#ixzz1xIUvOcTI

Not had any myself but word is that they got so shit that no fucker bought them anymore so the guys at the top started to put some exstacy in the tablets again, they now sell for ?10 a piece and blow your head off. Few mates have had them and recon they are like the old old days when they first came out. You are probably right the nips are into all that game now and are probably nocking these up.

It used to be 1/2 or 1 at the most for a full night. Those who had more than 3 regularly are now dead.

When I started 1 or 2 was way than enough. They fell off a cliff v rapidly after that circa 02/03 no doubt the elders will say way way before then.