Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Bolton 2 Blackburn 1

gonzo

• Site Supporter

No score until 87th minute and Captain Fantastic scores the winner with his first touch, further enhancing his cult status among the 25,542 Bolton faithful. Every player takes off their shirt to reveal Muamba's picture. . . none of them get booked.

Every player takes off their shirt to reveal Muamba's picture. . . none of them get booked.

Howard Webb has got a lot of praise for his handling of the Muamba situation. Whoever's in charge on Saturday surely will allow the rules to slide if we score, I hope they don't get in trouble for not following the pathetic rule.

Howard Webb has got a lot of praise for his handling of the Muamba situation. Whoever's in charge on Saturday surely will allow the rules to slide if we score, I hope they don't get in trouble for not following the pathetic rule.

Cahill didn't get booked, but he does play for Chelsea....

Cahill didn't get booked, but he does play for Chelsea....

It is a pathetic rule, I really dont understand the logic of it seen as many players remove their shirts after full time whilst still on the pitch anyway

I wonder how many players in the past have scored and lifted their shirts to reveal a message in support of a stricken friend and then been booked though? No booking in Cahill's case though because theres a big media interest? This is exactly the kind of rule that needs doing away with really.

• Members

The rule was brought in to prevent footballersfrom making political statements. I think Robbie Fowler started it with a reference to the Liverpool Dockers. I can understand just why the rule was brought in..

... But, I think the rule now needs to be reviewed/changed now though so it is not left to the ref to have to make a decision, especially if it is something like Cohen's Dad, Muamba or Billy Sharp's kid, etc.

It should now just be left to a panel to make a decision, post-match, on whether the message on the t-shirt had political bias. If it did then fine the player, if it didn't and was merely a personal message then there's no harm done.

I'm sure the refs would also prefer to not have to pull out their cards for something like this - it's nowt to do with football.

... But, I think the rule now needs to be reviewed/changed now though so it is not left to the ref to have to make a decision, especially if it is something like Cohen's Dad, Muamba or Billy Sharp's

That's the point. It should be up to the referee.

I was once told they booked people for taking their shirts off because sponsors were getting sick of paying money and their advert not being shown on the shirt when it was going to be seen most often.

Not sure if that's bullshit from the "Premier League has been ruined by money" brigade though.

I don't agree mate. Refs should be there to referee a football match, not to make judgement on what is written on a t-shirt.

I think when it comes to a player taking a shirt off a shirt and running into the crowd/revealing a t shirt emblazoned with bring back hanging/one for my baby a referee who is considered responsible enough to interpret the laws of the game should be considered responsible enough to make a judgement call on this.

I was once told they booked people for taking their shirts off because sponsors were getting sick of paying money and their advert not being shown on the shirt when it was going to be seen most often.

Not sure if that's bullshit from the "Premier League has been ruined by money" brigade though.

It's bullshit.

Someone holding a a simple banner saying something such as "Thank You Tottingham" whilst signing one rendition of their song (in that fcuking annoying slow style).

That's all it needs.

Just once.

I like that slow start to the song, sounds great I think :thumbsup:

• Site Supporter

I like that slow start to the song, sounds great I think :thumbsup:

To be honest, the slow singing of Oh when the whites always used to be sung at Burnden Park. You knew the crowd were up for it when even the Wing Stand joined in. The fast bit is a relative new concept, late 70s early 80s.

How about

"only one Tottenham Hotspur, one Tottenham Hotspur, theres only one Tottenham Hotspur"?

Been down to Bok today as soon as SSN said that game was on and picked up 6 tickets for Saturday. Lads who dont normally come on, get bending your mates arms fellas and lets break the record Reebok attendance. Its only ?15 in the North stand ffs, tickets going fast apparently.

Got myself an away shirt as well, I will run the Manchester Marathon in April in it. The club shop have run out of M's and 6's though so I have to go back on Friday and get name / number on.

They have sold over 100 Muamba shirts this week, I think they will be bombarded on Saturday.

Edited by birch-chorley

• Site Supporter

How about

"only one Tottenham Hotspur, one Tottenham Hotspur, theres only one Tottenham Hotspur"?

Been down to Bok today as soon as SSN said that game was on and picked up 6 tickets for Saturday. Lads who dont normally come on, get bending your mates arms fellas and lets break the record Reebok attendance. Its only ?15 in the North stand ffs, tickets going fast apparently.

Got myself an away shirt as well, I will run the Manchester Marathon in April in it. The club shop have run out of M's and 6's though so I have to go back on Friday and get name / number on.

They have sold over 100 Muamber shirts this week, I think they will be bombarded on Saturday.

So I can't even get my favourite motorway printed on the back? Bastard!