Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Midfield Options

HomerJay

• Members

Amazing how we're now cursing the fact that we're facing a midfield without Pratley. I include myself in this.

I'm genuinely worried about what Coyle's solution may be.

Fully agree with what has been said above. 4-4-2 with Petrov, Ryo and M.Davies as three quarters of the four in midfield = Wolves (easy) win.

• Site Supporter

4-4-2 is definatley not the answer. I will tell you that now. 3 of the midfield 4 being Mavies, Miyagi and Petrov is suicide.

Totally agree

What's bothering me is that coyle is now going to spend the next 6 weeks working out that the case again

But

If the alternative is ream in centre mid, I think....well I'm not sure what I think

Guest Frandsen08

What's the crack with the rules regarding emergency loans in the Premier League.

If they are allowed, surely two CM out in the space of a week, gives us a good case for one.

not a chance, if it was 2 goal keepers, then maybe, not 2 outfield players especially when we have versatile players. well allegedly

not a chance, if it was 2 goal keepers, then maybe, not 2 outfield players especially when we have versatile players. well allegedly

Very much allegedly. Half our players are shit in their preferred position so god help us when they play a different role!

Guest Frandsen08

Very much allegedly. Half our players are shit in their preferred position so god help us when they play a different role!

ha ha exactly!

• Site Supporter

we do know ricketts can do it

but that leaves us the problem at left back

id rather play with 10 men than put alonso there again.

van der vaart didnt even play up against him and he was all over the place.

Guest Frandsen08

hes an odd one alonso.

Is there a possibility that it might have just been rustiness? I hope so, our paper-thin squad is starting to look decidedly thinner again.

Also, did anyone else notice last night that Kev was VERY deep when he was on the pitch. Delayed kick-off meant that my DVR missed the last 10 mins, so I didn't see his goal etc. but from what I saw he was playing midfield.

EDIT: Just seen LW's post...

Edited by SnoopJohnnyJohn

what about SKD in midfield

was saying this last night. Great in tackles, would certainly add some steel to the middle of the team. Question his fitness and distribution. It's not that we have many options. You only have to look at the subs bench each week, it's full of strikers.

Pratley has played so far forward recently that he may as well of been up front.

Dare I say it, Ngog a little deeper where Pratley has been playing and Klasnic up top. Its square pegs in round holes again but so is Ream / Ricketts / Jussi etc in midfiled.

That or give the kids a run out.

Edited by birch-chorley

Pratley has played so far forward recently that he may as well of been up front.

Dare I say it, Ngog a little deeper where Pratley has been playing and Klasnic up top. Its square pegs in round holes again but so is Ream / Ricketts / Jussi etc in midfiled.

That or give the kids a run out.

Thats what I would go with as we dont have a lot of options - or Tuncay in front of Mark Davies and NRC