Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Bolton 0 Fulham 3

DazBob

Fair comment. Bad day at the office. We need to move on. We've lost to a team we almost never beat. Poor performance yes, but it's been a stressful few weeks, we have a paper thin squad and who are running on empty. We probably won't get anything at Newcastle but you never know. Not aimed at you Pato but why do I get the impression that there are a few on here who want us to lose so they can say 'I told you so' ?

No offence taken, just one of them games after the crowd getting behind the team at both QPR and Blackburn today was flat

Coyle is simply out of his depth.

At this level he is caught out time after time.

He will take this club down.

Should have sacked him after fulham away.

The last 3 games before today, there is an argument in all games to say we had big slices of luck at various points on the game.

If the worst happens and I pray god it doesn't, we must get rid.

People fucking love it when we lose, I think it gives some people more pleasure than us winning.

However, the build up was flat, no talk of it being a massive game, I hoped that behind the scenes they'd be raring to go. Cos if they can't get up for Fulham at home then they won't give a flying fuck about playing Barnsley etc.

find it hard to think any bolton fan would want us to lose, just think people are more pissed off and emotional after a defeat and find it easier to get off their chest on a forum like this.

People fucking love it when we lose, I think it gives some people more pleasure than us winning.

However, the build up was flat, no talk of it being a massive game, I hoped that behind the scenes they'd be raring to go. Cos if they can't get up for Fulham at home then they won't give a flying fuck about playing Barnsley etc.

On your first point, spot on.

I don't think the players weren't 'up for it', I think we lost because we have a small squad with a lot of average players. Which is down to the manager/money folk. If we can get out of this, come back next season with a fit Holden and Lee and make a couple of decent signings we will be ok. There was nobody who didn't try today, not being any good is not the same as not trying. Booing the team off at half-time after what's hapened over the last few weeks was fucking poor too, it doesn't exactly fucking help!

well apart from our sites version of angelos aka the spirit of burnden ....were all of the opinion that was wank ....

what typified how shite we've become is when our answer is Kevin fucking Davies and that wank stain eagles .....

still we rode our luck against qpr got battered off wolves so no real surprise really

The thing that gets me is that we seem to have ceased tackling. We constantly back off opposition and before we know it they are in behind us. This seems to have been common this season. We also lack and drive to go forward. To often Ream and Wheater are pissing about passing across the back four then back to Bogdan. Defending a lead this works, when your behind it doesn't.

Really fear we are going down now.

Coyle talks about reducing the average age of the squad, the issue is that these young players are no better than the experienced pros we have or have access to.

well apart from our sites version of angelos aka the spirit of burnden ....were all of the opinion that was wank ....

what typified how shite we've become is when our answer is Kevin fucking Davies and that wank stain eagles .....

still we rode our luck against qpr got battered off wolves so no real surprise really

Kevin fucking Davies changed the game against Wolves last week.

JSL

As did Eagles thinking about it

Edited by chief wiggum

Fair comment. Bad day at the office. We need to move on. We've lost to a team we almost never beat. Poor performance yes, but it's been a stressful few weeks, we have a paper thin squad and who are running on empty. We probably won't get anything at Newcastle but you never know. Not aimed at you Pato but why do I get the impression that there are a few on here who want us to lose so they can say 'I told you so' ?

Think you make a very valid point about it being a stressfull few weeks. the players would not have trained for days after that horrific night down south. and when they did play they would have been full of adrenalin and emotion , perhaps we are asking to much of them after what went on.

Think you make a very valid point about it being a stressfull few weeks. the players would not have trained for days after that horrific night down south. and when they did play they would have been full of adrenalin and emotion , perhaps we are asking to much of them after what went on.

Load of Bollocks that

We have been crap all season but got in a position (and still are) with a few lucky wins and todays performance is not acceptable

really?

Jesus all i saw was him stumble past a defender with his shoelaces tied together ..

still you were there so i bow to your superior knowledge...

but point remains they aren't the answer

they both did well last week. wolves battered us for a half and it was nil nil, second half we could have had 8.

swap steinsson for el jokeio. and not sure we could have put a better team out today and that is the worrying thing.

the only option i think we have is to push into central midfield alongside nrc and letting mavies play further forward. the problem is this means knight back at centre half........

The thing that gets me is that we seem to have ceased tackling. We constantly back off opposition and before we know it they are in behind us. This seems to have been common this season. We also lack and drive to go forward. To often Ream and Wheater are pissing about passing across the back four then back to Bogdan. Defending a lead this works, when your behind it doesn't.

Really fear we are going down now.

Coyle talks about reducing the average age of the squad, the issue is that these young players are no better than the experienced pros we have or have access to.

seem to remember 2 cracking tackles, one from mark davies that were deemed fouls.

Bit off topic, but booing an opposition player as he is taken off on a stretcher is a cunts trick.

Half understand when he first went down because it did look like he was just doing a bit of time wasting, but when he is on a stretcher and being taken round the pitch it is no time to boo. Twats!

Load of Bollocks that

We have been crap all season but got in a position (and still are) with a few lucky wins and todays performance is not acceptable

we have been crap all season, but when fab played we did look a better team, now that he is not an option think its going to have some effect

Now, interestingly, I think there's consolation in the others losing when we lose. I get none from winning when every other fucker wins.

The problem is that we were at home and the rest were away, so we needed a better result.

In performance terms Wigan were far better at Chelsea than Bolton at home to Fulham. Without the second allegedly offside goal Wigan would be 16th now. But at the end of the day null points each is more than we deserved.

At least there can be no complacency going onwards.

Players and the manager getting a fair crack of the whip, BOTH WAYS

individual performances are irrelevent on this forum, its reputation only

We win, its Mavies this, Reo Coker that

We lose, its Alonso worst left back ever, Knight worst Centre back ever and Pratley the worst footballer ever.

We never win and you hear positive for the boo boys

and you never hear a bad word said about the golden boys when we lose

same with the manager

we win with 442, its we got lucky, opposition was shit. We lose with 442 and its Coyle is useless, were getting over run in midfield, coyle out

451 we win, oh its 451, why hasnt he played this all season, bla bla bla

we lose 451, formation doesnt get a mention, its all alonso and pratleys fault

the one that really fucks me off though (and you can go back and check this out)

Every time we lose a game, EVERY SINGLE TIME, some one posts something along the lines of "Iv seen some shite games in my time, but fuck me that was by far the worst ive ever seen"

then the same again after the next loss

and the next

and the next

no it fucking wasnt

451 was the argument when we had certain players available, NRC and FM make us solid, this releases Mavis to push and support the front man.

with pratley meant to be getting fwad this leaves nrc and mavis to make us solid and it does not work as mavis is too light weight to do this.

first goal, stupid challenge by ngog, then a 10 yard ball to a man who is straight through on our back four, looks like safe foul by ngog but ref gets wall 15 yards back and not sure the keeper should get beat.

second goal alonso gives ball away, then we just watch them walk through us.

second half it was just a matter of time before they got 3.

our squad is paper thin, in jan we needed a central midfield player instead we got a striker the manager wont play.

we can not be as bad as were today for rest of season ....can we ?

really?

Jesus all i saw was him stumble past a defender with his shoelaces tied together ..

still you were there so i bow to your superior knowledge...

but point remains they aren't the answer

No superior knowledge, and I agree that Davies and Eagles aren't the answer. But Coyle can only throw on the players he has got available. The fact that that's all we have is arguably his fault, but there's not much we can do about that right now. We are where we we are, we can get behind the team best we can or wave a white flag and chuck in the towel now. Today was fucking dismal, but not a disaster, all I'm saying is let's have the post mortem after the season. For now we need to stop the blame games, get behind he team, stay up and then start pointing fingers.

Bit off topic, but booing an opposition player as he is taken off on a stretcher is a cunts trick.

Half understand when he first went down because it did look like he was just doing a bit of time wasting, but when he is on a stretcher and being taken round the pitch it is no time to boo. Twats!

bollox he got up when they had the ball, we got it and he went down again.

No superior knowledge, and I agree that Davies and Eagles aren't the answer. But Coyle can only throw on the players he has got available. The fact that that's all we have is arguably his fault, but there's not much we can do about that right now. We are where we we are, we can get behind the team best we can or wave a white flag and chuck in the towel now. Today was fucking dismal, but not a disaster, all I'm saying is let's have the post mortem after the season. For now we need to stop the blame games, get behind he team, stay up and then start pointing fingers.

do you think our performance was diminished or tarnished ?