Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

What Do You Miss About Your Old Ground?

Underpants

The smell of the place cigar and pipe smoke, the possibility of a 40k plus crowd b4 the capacity was reduced, standing up with your mates and like minded lad and the camaraderie that created we were one and shared the ups the downs and planned the away days, the tangible history of the place you could taste it even before I was old enough to know about it, reserve matches with a few thousand on treading on the wooden stairs and stands, pre match in one of the pubs, monteraze, trotters, wagon and horses, rose hill, king billy, or all of them, on a big game watching the crowd walk up Manny road after the game blocking the road under the bridges thousand of good Bolton folk sharing there love of the club making there way home, going to the game then on to Bolton dogs finishing up in the town centre for a beer, the faces and names that used to go who have dissapeared they were what made burnden and BWFC, I miss them all, If I think of any more I will post.

Edited by Mounts Kipper

my first ever night match at burnden was against coventry in the league cup around 75/76. always remember walking over the metal railway bridge and seeing the floodlights shining onto the terraces which were empty,the sight was magical as a nipper. getting into the embankment and watching it gradually fill up. night matches were better than day matches at burnden imo

What's the point? It's gone now.

For fuck's sake get over it.

So is the Second world War and Winning the world Cup for England

Do you forget about them because they are "gone"

You need to remember the past and relish the good times and learn from the bad

:thumbsup:

Everything about the place, getting the 542 from wogden you could feel the excitement build as you aproached manny road. getting off the bus , the buzz hit you, walking down behind the lever end with the masses, past the hot dog seller on the corner[ did any one ever eat one and live to tell the tale ]. standing on the burnden terrace [ best when it was packed ] , everyone seemed to have their own seperate inch or favourite spot on the terrace.

Everything about the place, getting the 542 from wogden you could feel the excitement build as you aproached manny road. getting off the bus , the buzz hit you, walking down behind the lever end with the masses, past the hot dog seller on the corner[ did any one ever eat one and live to tell the tale ]. standing on the burnden terrace [ best when it was packed ] , everyone seemed to have their own seperate inch or favourite spot on the terrace.

I miss the old 542, but at the same time, i dont miss public transport!

3 pies for a nicker

ha ha that does bring back memories

We used to have a pie before the game after the other two Worcester whites had drank a shed fullin the Monterage. One game one of the guys was staggering down manny road behind us and we got in the pie shop early and ordered 3 pies and a frozen one. Told him they only had 2 hot ones left and give him the frozen one; took him minutes trying to bite into the facker before he realised what was going on

Who said forget about it?

I've got some great memories.

So let's turn that into something negative.

What do we miss that we can't have anymore.

Next it'll be what a big pile of shit the Reebok is.

And as I type, someone has said just that.

Bolton fans. A whiny bunch of miserable, sentimental, self-pitying cunts.