Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Bolton 2 Watford 1

miamiwhite

We're they poor second half or improved?

How many games have we seen in the past were possession percentages vary vastly from half to half and from team to team.

Wonder were the phrase game of two halfs came from..

PS guess work? We' ll see

Also http://www.watfordfc.com/news/article/120915-doyley-bolton-goal-369655.aspx

Fluke, if that had not gone in different ending to the game again.

From what I have seen in other comments it seems this is a division of poor teams. Almost every other comment on this site is "we should be beating these they are poor". Why does everyone presume every team is poor.

From what I have seen in other comments it seems this is a division of poor teams. Almost every other comment on this site is "we should be beating these they are poor". Why does everyone presume every team is poor.

Because they are, they are utter shite. I thought this division was better than it actually is, now that I have seen most of the teams play I would say that most in fact are shite.

Add to that the fact that we have the majority of the team from last season that was relegated from the Premiership by the margin of a point (or 1 goal in the Stoke game) and we should be getting promoted out of this division.

I'm not being unrealistic, i'm not in dreamland, this squad should be promoted and if it isn't then for me 100% of the blame lies at Coyles feet.

(Just watching the Wolves - Leicester match and seen as Leicester were one of the favourites to win the league they too have been completely toss)

I forgot to say Bogdan could have headed their goal out from my memory... not seen it on tv... but it was a bad bad error. not slating him though.. I like him and anyyones entitled to a mistake. he's human

Edited by jazza

eagles was very, very good

2 assists

and if we had somebody better than NSSKD, it would've been at least doubled

i reckon we need to sign a pacy striker

Eagles very very good? not for me he wasn't average at best, thankfully better than he was at Hull though.

Edited by Mounts Kipper

You have seen most teams for 90 minutes in multiple games then?

Fair comment that I have not seen most for 90 minutes. I have however seen most of the "favourites" for the division for 90 minutes, and then seen enough highlights from other teams games to have formed some sort of opinion and also realised that there are a ridiculous amounts of mistakes, especially defensively, throughout the division.

Another thing I would add is that we have not played anyone yet that are considered to be challengers for promotion, possibly with the exception of Hull although I would say they will chalenge for a place in the play offs. Yet we only have 2 wins, and have probably just about got 90 minutes worth of good performances from 5 games.

I stand by my comment that in general this league is shite, yes there are more games and fatigue could possibly become a factor later on, but still this squad should be promoted.

Id have been delighted with a scrappy 2-1 win over Watford in the prem or in the championship 10 odd years ago.

True but I see it going back to that... and that is what's bothering me.

I like coyle... seems a nice, decent man. He is without doubt giving his best but the signs have been there for all to see since we lost the semi against Stoke that he is incapable of inspiring the team.

Yes the fans have to play their part, but at the end of the day... that's his job... which he's paid handsomely for.

He seems to be incapable of changing things when things are going wrong, and the second half yesterday was no different

We got away with it this time, but we won't every time

Edited by jazza

• Moderators

Eagles very very good? not for me he wasn't average at best, thankfully better than he was at Hull though.

the way we set up, he could just take free kicks and corners

he put excellent crosses in at will

ffs, alonso should've broken the net from his first corner even before we scored

Eventually he did change it. Pratley came on, we went 4-5-1 and managed to get hold of the game again and should have had more

not a big fan of pratleys but he was much better than andrews who stunk the place out yesterday, and mears was no better, 1st half was not too bad to be fair but 2nd was piss poor, but its 3 points and thats what matters most.

not a big fan of pratleys but he was much better than andrews who stunk the place out yesterday, and mears was no better, 1st half was not too bad to be fair but 2nd was piss poor, but its 3 points and thats what matters most.

Maybe Andrews needs a rest played in the world cup and looks jaded put him away for a month freshen him up and his experience might come in handy at the business end of the season, regarding Pratley I thought he was a good signing and has been a major disappointment, I saw him play for Swansea at Wigan a couple of seasons ago and he was best player on the pitch, I have a feeling he has now settled and is going to show his true form, he looked full of energy and was the only player yesterday who actually made the hard yards and closed the opposition down, let's give the lad 1 more chance I think he could win us over if we give him that chance.

Maybe Andrews needs a rest played in the world cup and looks jaded put him away for a month freshen him up and his experience might come in handy at the business end of the season, regarding Pratley I thought he was a good signing and has been a major disappointment, I saw him play for Swansea at Wigan a couple of seasons ago and he was best player on the pitch, I have a feeling he has now settled and is going to show his true form, he looked full of energy and was the only player yesterday who actually made the hard yards and closed the opposition down, let's give the lad 1 more chance I think he could win us over if we give him that chance.

think you could be spot on there mounts im prepared to wait and see regards pratley and andrews

Lots of people on here would have driven Zat Knight to any club of his choice in the Summer.

However, he was very good at the weekend and I shudder to think of our defence without him at the moment.

Midfield is still not right but Spearing did ok and wanted the ball which is good to see.

• Members

Lots of people on here would have driven Zat Knight to any club of his choice in the Summer.

However, he was very good at the weekend and I shudder to think of our defence without him at the moment.

Midfield is still not right but Spearing did ok and wanted the ball which is good to see.

I was one of them.

Fair play to him, and I'm always happy to be proven wrong, he's been out best defender so far. Arguably, along with Eagles, our best player.

• Site Supporter

zat looks like a absolute world beater this season

but he would do.

im not sure there is a better centre back in the league.

as garp quite rightly pointed out when folk where wanting rid after the stoke match.

Edited by HomerJay

• Site Supporter

Just watched the game.

Il tell you what, if Alonso is in the last year of his contract??? id suggest we get him tied down to a longer deal ASAP.

This guy has serious potential.

fat kit man replacement?

anyway, should have closed doyley down quicker.

he did play pretty well though tbf to the lad.

even though he was playing against no winger and shittest right back ive seen in a long time,