Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Thrown Out For Singing

anewman

Support yes but not at the expense of someone else's experience.

I suspect maybe 1 person objected and 20 people were thrown out by an equal number of stewards/police. 20 people who could justifiably never want to return because of maybe 1 person who will probably never return anyway.

Welcome to the bright world of shiny football re branded to attract the Nick Hornby Fever pitch type. It ain't something I like but its here to stay.

As for young uns and grandparents being offended. Both my kids are now 27 and 18 respectively and started going to the game with me and the missus from a very young age. They have witnessed drunkeness, fighting swearing aggression and sheer hatefulness. They or my missus never complained to anyone or were the slightest bit offended, a tad frightened at times but me thinks thats not a bad thing in this over protective day and age. They are now well adjusted adults holding down a job and a university place.

What we have now is so many people who are over offended by anything and use the presence of oaps and kids to justify their wetness. Fuck knows how the people of this country would cope if it were invaded today.

Stewards have always been twats at the bok, having been chucked out for a laugh mocking Ipswich fans in the late 90s waving a Norwich scarf. The Burnden stewards on the other hand would let you out at half time for a pint in the Billy,let you in the players lounge, and you could sing.

Lets just play all games away from the reebok as a stadium it's the dogs bolloxs as a place of passion and worship for Bolton and it's location sadly mark it down as a white elephant and a 4 out of 10 experience. Rather play in Bolton in front of 10,000 passionate whites.

Edited by Mounts Kipper

Well, that's the way I read it. i may be wrong, you never know

Looks like there's numbers

safe-standing.jpg

You dont have to stand in the same spot.

The seats in the picture, I belive, are at Hanover, For Bundesliga games the area is sold as a terrace, the seats are bolted shut, and the capacity of the section is 5700.

If the club play in Europe, or there is an international game there then the area is sold as a seated area, which is where the seat numbers come in to play, and the capacity of the section is 3000.

Must admit, the idea of parking me arse on a galvanized metal seat when its bastard freezing doesnt appeal.

Edited by Con

big e get a grip, the age of them launched out was around 50, even our guest from australia was ejected

So a bunch of 50yr old grown men got asked to sit down in an allseater stadium, called the stewards who get paid peanuts c*** and then are surprised when they get asked to leave. I thought we had been talking about the spotty yoof.

Head wobble time again me thinks.

Edited by hughmungus

So a bunch of 50yr old grown men got asked to sit down in an allseater stadium, called the stewards who get paid peanuts cunts and then are surprised when they get asked to leave. I thought we had been talking about the spotty yoof.

place gets worse

Edited by anewman

So a bunch of 50yr old grown men got asked to sit down in an allseater stadium, called the stewards who get paid peanuts cunts and then are surprised when they get asked to leave. I thought we had been talking about the spotty yoof.

Trying to SUPPORT your team.What ever next. Outrageous behaviour. Why people can't just sit and watch a game in silence is beyond me.

surely age has nowt to do with it.

unless your being ageist and if so im objecting and may even tell a hardworking underpaid steward

and if your head wobbles so easily i would get it looked at