Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Bolton 1 Millwall 1

stevieb

Freedman has to be given time, it may not work, he may not get us to where we want to be, but it clear we have no or very little transfer kitty to replace the dead wood in our squad. the days of going out and buying a cahill and a steinson in january are long gone, instead looks like 3 loan signings who may not have the immediate effect we are looking for. patience is something we are going to have to show, with the squad becoming younger.

• Moderators

their goal...

knight gets the ball in 20 yards of space

he 'flicks' a sloppy ball to ream

by the time ream controls it, with the shape of his body, theres only one pass on

he then plays a sloppy ball in to andrews - as he passes it (sloppily) he spots the danger and screams at andrews to 'get shut' - and their number 6 sees that coming

nips in winning the ball for millwall, and as keogh goes into the box, knight decides to dive in

if he'd just stood up, theres no problem

sloppy

Freedman has to be given time, it may not work, he may not get us to where we want to be, but it clear we have no or very little transfer kitty to replace the dead wood in our squad. the days of going out and buying a cahill and a steinson in january are long gone, instead looks like 3 loan signings who may not have the immediate effect we are looking for. patience is something we are going to have to show, with the squad becoming younger.

You're not wrong. I'm all for the squad getting younger - and hungrier and more physical (it couldn't get less physical). And I'm all for patience from the fans. BUT we have to start seeing SOME signs of a plan and improvements on the field after the end of this transfer window.

their goal...

by the time ream controls it, with the shape of his body, theres only one pass on

Yup

A fucking big hoof.

When I was playing for Liverpool, Alan Hansen tried a shit pass like that to me in a Manx cup game against River Plate.

You see that big scar on his forehead?

He never played one of them to me again.

their goal...

he then plays a sloppy ball in to andrews - as he passes it (sloppily) he spots the danger and screams at andrews to 'get shut' - and their number 6 sees that coming

nips in winning the ball for millwall, and as keogh goes into the box, knight decides to dive in

if he'd just stood up, theres no problem

sloppy

I ain't see it since but the 'culprit' for me was ream, knights ball was nt the best but until reams hospital pass there was no danger.

For the pen they had from memory three against two in the box if the defenders just stand up then the extra man creates a really good chance.

Just watching scouters at united on telly and trying to fuck about at the back is leading to half unites chances.

• Moderators

the ONLY pass ream could play was the one he played

just 2 seconds after knight had all the time and options in the world

says 'bad pass' to me

ream could've launched it but to have to do that suggests the pass to him was a poor one

the 'spare man' was the black number 6, but keogh would've had to be better than he is to use him

to a degree, ream and andrews are both cuplable, but the start of the problems came from knight

Petrov, Lee and Holden were 3 of the midfield 4 that had Bolton 6th in the Premier League in March 2011.Holden is still in the squad, Freedman had both Lee and Petrov available until opting to release Petrov last week.It's the team with the best midfield that usually wins a match.

As I remember Petrov wasnt playing all that much in that good spell and you ignore what was around him Holden is goosed and Lee is well out of form.

Keep on clutching at straws. This squad is rubbish.

the ONLY pass ream could play was the one he played

just 2 seconds after knight had all the time and options in the world

says 'bad pass' to me

ream could've launched it but to have to do that suggests the pass to him was a poor one

the 'spare man' was the black number 6, but keogh would've had to be better than he is to use him

to a degree, ream and andrews are both cuplable, but the start of the problems came from knight

Bad pass I agree. Ream hooves it fifty yards and bollocks knight. We do not have this conversation.

Hoofs !,,

Knight made a nothing situation it a dangerous one. Ream could have cleared it up

Elmander was shit because he needed a different type of manager to get the best out of him.

If Gartside could turn the clock back I bet he would have paid Elmander the money the Turks would to prevent him leaving.Losing Elmander and then selling Al Habsi to replace Elmo with Ngog was terrible business.For the sake of what? 20k a week? we could have kept Elmander and Al Habsi rather than have Ngog.

and muamba was playing

funny thing is that he was shit

and elmander was shit

some even said cahill was shit

robinson was shit

jussi was shit

its now plainly obvious that they were far better than the players who replaced them. The table does not lie.

Their midfielder, Trotter looked a fooking beast, covered every blade. Didn't just sit deep passing it sideways.

NGog was the best ive seen him first half. I had some ace boooers behind me, every time Andrews got the ball, from the 10th minute onwards, even boooed the announcement of his goal which takes some doing.

Dougie got some stick from them too 'you don't know what your doing' and other classics.