Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Android Tabs And Phones

stevieb

Anyone having problems since upgrading to 4.3? My S3 has gone biz since I updated it, apps crash, phone freezes etc.

My S3 went cack for a little while after the update - but  it seems to be OK now, but I definitely reckon it's slowed down a little bit

Like Heywood has said though, I seem to have issue with WiFi connection now, it sometimes tells "Network disabled because internet connection is slow" - even though everything else inthe house is still connected - if I turn it off and back on again then everything seems OK.

I'm not liking this recent update if truth be told

Edited by CWP

not quite as serious as that but predictor seems crap now and it is always telling me my wifi is unstable

a workaround is to turn your "mobile data" off when you are at home and then it'll be fine, it'll connect with your WiFi with no issues....you've just got to remember to turn it back on when you leave the house. It's not great having to do that, but it'll allow you to connect at home without problems.

From what I can gather (looking in other forums and speaking to a couple of mates) this seems to be a fairly common issue since the recent update, so I presume there will be another update along shortly that will fix the issue.

I really hate to say it......but I've not had any such problems with iOS and their updates

• 3 weeks later...

Swanny, what do you want to use it for? 

If it's for downloading music and films to (for, erm, free) then the iPad's probably not what you want.  Also, think about if you do want to download films to it, are you going to want to connect it to your TV, if so you'll want one with HDMI out. 

Can you stream films or do you have to/is it better to download them?

You can certainly stream from the likes of Netflix, but as for 'free' sites I honestly don't know, I've only ever downloaded. Baz is probably your man for this.

Of course, you could always download XBMC and stream using that. Plenty of videos on YouTube showing how to do this.

• Site Supporter

its for using software, creating powerpoint (or likewise) poresentations, Diary, appointments, email, occasional youtube (albeit not music),

Studenty (proper student) stuff really.

There are some really good aps you can use whilst doing powerpoint presentations where you can use a stylus to write and add to the presentation. Inking I think its known as...

its for using software, creating powerpoint (or likewise) poresentations, Diary, appointments, email, occasional youtube (albeit not music),

Studenty (proper student) stuff really.

There are some really good aps you can use whilst doing powerpoint presentations where you can use a stylus to write and add to the presentation. Inking I think its known as...

For that sort of stuff you might be OK with an iPad. The iPad, as far as I'm concerned is the easiest/nicest tablet to use, if you want to download stuff illegally though it isn't really any good. I don't need or want to download stuff from torrent sites onto my tablet though (I can do that onto my S3 if I want to do) so an iPad is good enough for me. In fact I'll be investing in another new one in the next few weeks I like it that much.

Got the missus the ipad mini retina at christmas

For me thats the perfect size

10 is too big, 7 bit too small

and the screen definition is something else.

I'm going to get the iPad mini when I get around to flogging this iPad 2 next week. As Bigtoe says, it's spot on size wise.

• 3 months later...

Now, I'm not one for getting giddy over phones.  I'm generally not arsed as long as they can do what I want them to do...

... but I got a new HTC One at the weekend.  It's fucking ace! 

That is all.

Now, I'm not one for getting giddy over phones.  I'm generally not arsed as long as they can do what I want them to do...

... but I got a new HTC One at the weekend.  It's fucking ace! 

That is all.

HTC One M8?

I had one delivered to mine at 8am

No longer an iPhone wanker.

Will report back when I've played with it this evening.

HTC One M8?

I had one delivered to mine at 8am

No longer an iPhone wanker.

Will report back when I've played with it this evening.

No mate, just the HTC One.  I looked at the M8 and tbh, felt there was little difference.

I'd already looked at the reviews for both though and they both had ace ones so went in there and was happy to come out with either. Preferred the feel of the One as the M8 was just that bit bigger.