Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Robin Friday's Missus

Thorpey

146-1488.jpg

Married Robin Friday years back (owd uns should remember him), works behind bar in my local, Goldie Hawn lookalike when Goldie Hawn was fit, great football stories and a really good laugh.

Question is, how much older can a bird be? Liza's pushing 60 but fit as!

he gave the V sign to luton's goalie didn't he ?

ps - where's your local :thumbsup:

did he play for reading in late 70's.

No idea about the V sign to Luton's goalie but this pm Liza telling stories about a game Reading played at Elm Park when they started with 10 as he was still in the Spread Eagle by the ground and walked over with his boots in a bag from Tescos and when he went to Cardiff she answered the door to the Manager 30 mins before kick off and had to lie that he had left for the game even tho he was in the house with a needle in his arm!

Best vid I've seen is when he scored and started kissing a copper behind the goal. Didn't give a shit that Robin Friday lad.

Film being made about him isn't there?

It's planned 'The Greatest Footballer You Never Saw' although there is the biography, the ex missus, the piss heads and dealers that knew him. Story line needs thickening out a bit!

I think Liza could do with a few quid, she said he only got £38 a week top whack and Reading FC paid it straight to the tick man!

£38 a week in the 70s, then now they're on £250k .... just a tad better than inflation?

• 1 month later...

Heard last night that last game Friday played was against us when we beat Cardiff 6-3 in 1977.

I can't find the programme even though I was there and can't find the line ups anywhere on web. Can anyone confirm?

Film (calling it 'Friday') has got go-ahead (£6m budget!) now so it looks like we'll get a few mentions near the end.

• Moderators

Heard last night that last game Friday played was against us when we beat Cardiff 6-3 in 1977.

I can't find the programme even though I was there and can't find the line ups anywhere on web. Can anyone confirm?

Film (calling it 'Friday') has got go-ahead (£6m budget!) now so it looks like we'll get a few mentions near the end.

http://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/wanderers/wanderersnews/10025835._/

ill look in a bit

• Moderators