Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Official Boxing Thread...

gonzo

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Site Supporter
1 hour ago, deeane Koontz said:

Currently sat watching YouTube boxing. I need to have a fucking word with myself

Is that for that farce of a fight between 2 reality TV kids?

Kids have just taken over the main telly and firestick, I’ve just shook my head at the nonsense of it all and gone to bed 

Not quite sure how Tommy Fury got that win, boxing corruption strikes again. 

What I will say about all this reality boxing or whatever you want to call it is fair play to them. They’re making some big money. Even the real boxers like Tommy Fury. He’s probably British title Level at best. He ain’t getting 2-3 million in front of 18k for a British title fight. 

15 hours ago, desperado said:

Is that for that farce of a fight between 2 reality TV kids?

Kids have just taken over the main telly and firestick, I’ve just shook my head at the nonsense of it all and gone to bed 

Aye. Reassuring to see dodgy decisions ain't  just restricted to the professionals!

Like a shit huggathon

10 hours ago, royal white said:

Not quite sure how Tommy Fury got that win, boxing corruption strikes again. 

What I will say about all this reality boxing or whatever you want to call it is fair play to them. They’re making some big money. Even the real boxers like Tommy Fury. He’s probably British title Level at best. He ain’t getting 2-3 million in front of 18k for a British title fight. 

Heard this being discussed on the radio earlier. They were basically saying that Fury probably is, at best, good enough to win a regional title, certainly nowhere near good enough to win a British or Commonwealth one. That though is probably a blessing for him, as he's now made more money than he ever would as a "proper" boxer, and he's not taking the hits/shots he would of he fought a proper boxer. 

They were saying he could retire as a boxer with £5M in the bank, before he's 30, having never fought anybody. Nice work of you can get it. 

4 minutes ago, Cheese said:

Only just found out Tyson Fury has a fight in Saudi Arabia on Saturday night - against an MMA star. Fucking pathetic.

The bonkers thing is that it'll probably be the largest ever PPV, it's up there with these YouTube boxers, as it's just a money making freakshow.

It won't happen, but I'd love Fury to get beaten

11 minutes ago, RONNIE PHILLIPS said:

Ridiculous that's he's only fought White & Chisora since beating Wilder over 2yrs ago. 

he's no different to the rest really

wilder has fought once 

usyk three 

joshua four, 

fury twice 

2 of joshuas are against tomato cans to get his career back on track