Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Ashes - 3Rd Test, Old Trafford

Alf Hartigan

All set for a great days play tomorrow, of course weather permitting. Seeing both sides bat and bowl, possibility of all 3 results, all be it an England win extremely unlikely, requiring some extraordinary tail end resistance together with a spectacular bowling display.

Bring it on!

If we can scrape our way to 375 then at least they'll have to bat for a good couple of sessions to give us 350 to chase. Which means we'd need to resist all day Monday... and there's a good chance the weather will break and we'll get a draw - which is the best we can hope for I reckon.

rain forecast for 3ish tomorrow afternoon,lasting for the rest of the day's session,then monday's weather looks even wetter

hard cheese you aussie puffs

fuckin love rain, me

Nathan Lyon couldnt take the 'banter' and walked backwards to fine leg to avoid contact with the crowd after KP and Bell went after him.after lunch. After Tea they sent down Michell Starc to the same spot and he was giving it back and a very good sport.  even doing the Hand movements to the songs and pointing the crowd to the scoreboard, He even got applauded after he picked up the wicket of Bairstow coming down to field 

Plenty of 'Football Wankers' there just abusing and insulting fielders pissed or acting the big bollocks after a pint. That isnt::'Banter'. Is Cricket no longer a gentlemans sport?? Apart from that a decent day out and plenty of Wanderers in attendance. Ended up chatting 'wanderersways' with a fellow poster i had never met and he was sat right in front of us with his Mrs. Became apparent in conversation we frequented the same boards. 

Top Man  :beer: Your mrs is ok for a Smoggie. 

Great place Wways

• Members

Just for the delight I would get from the venting of frustration down here, I would love the weather to intervene and be a major player in a drawn test/retention of The Ashes.

In many ways, this would be sweeter than panning them.

Nathan Lyon couldnt take the 'banter' and walked backwards to fine leg to avoid contact with the crowd after KP and Bell went after him.after lunch. After Tea they sent down Michell Starc to the same spot and he was giving it back and a very good sport. even doing the Hand movements to the songs and pointing the crowd to the scoreboard, He even got applauded after he picked up the wicket of Bairstow coming down to field

Plenty of 'Football Wankers' there just abusing and insulting fielders pissed or acting the big bollocks after a pint. That isnt::'Banter'. Is Cricket no longer a gentlemans sport?? Apart from that a decent day out and plenty of Wanderers in attendance. Ended up chatting 'wanderersways' with a fellow poster i had never met and he was sat right in front of us with his Mrs. Became apparent in conversation we frequented the same boards.

Top Man :beer: Your mrs is ok for a Smoggie.

Great place Wways

Smoggie missus?? Ghana?

Leaving in half an hour....warm but raining on the weather report; the question is shorts or not?

Nathan Lyon couldnt take the 'banter' and walked backwards to fine leg to avoid contact with the crowd after KP and Bell went after him.after lunch. After Tea they sent down Michell Starc to the same spot and he was giving it back and a very good sport. even doing the Hand movements to the songs and pointing the crowd to the scoreboard, He even got applauded after he picked up the wicket of Bairstow coming down to field

Top Man :beer: Your mrs is ok for a Smoggie.

Great place Wways

Yep top day. Feeling it today though. Your mates the first Wigan fan I've met who you could have a sensible chat about football with fair play

Had a belting day,but as for the crowd there were three fist fights within 50yards of me if it had been footy it would have been all over the papers.....the cricket crowd ain't what it used to be....needed to have a word with a group of lads in the row behind,once tat happened they were good as gold for the rest of the day ,and I also was on the #rise for England pic too....fame at last

Dont think you get a refund. either a ticket for the one dayer against the aussies, or one for next year test against india.

Oh yes, forgot

Thanks

No chance of any play today, in two minds to go down as planned or just not bother. whats peoples plans who were going?

Working in Manchester, watching the rain and the forecast. Ready to go at the drop of a hat.

I'd love to be there when we retain the urn, but, if not, quelle domage

Thoughts on this test were that the Aussies declared too early. They should have rattled 600 up and then declared. They'd have had 2 goes at us then without needing to bat again and we'd probably have struggled under the pressure.

Thought calling time with the light yesterday was a farce. Looks perfect to me with the floodlights on. Surely its the batsman's call in these circumstances.

Thoughts on this test were that the Aussies declared too early. They should have rattled 600 up and then declared. They'd have had 2 goes at us then without needing to bat again and we'd probably have struggled under the pressure.

Thought calling time with the light yesterday was a farce. Looks perfect to me with the floodlights on. Surely its the batsman's call in these circumstances.

Law was changed 2 years ago, apparently

I didn't see any deterioration in the light