Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Bwfc To Be Sold ?

miamiwhite

Eddie Davis owns ten sweet shops.

One of his shops has lent another one 110 Twixes and interest has accrued on the debt.

Over the last few years, 60 Twixes have been given back, but Eddie's balance sheet shows the borrowing shop still owes 110 Twixes.

Eddie pays VAT on his net sales, but he is deducting the value of 110 Twixes from his sales, artificially lowering his turnover and therefore avoiding tax.

The reality is though, that the Twixes don't exist.

Eddie Davis owns ten sweet shops.

One of his shops has lent another one 110 Twixes and interest has accrued on the debt.

Over the last few years, 60 Twixes have been given back, but Eddie's balance sheet shows the borrowing shop still owes 110 Twixes.

Eddie pays VAT on his net sales, but he is deducting the value of 110 Twixes from his sales, artificially lowering his turnover and therefore avoiding tax.

The reality is though, that the Twixes don't exist.

I understand it much better now..I think.

So if the Twixes don't exist...is there actually no debt?

I understand it much better now..I think.

So if the Twixes don't exist...is there actually no debt?

I believe we have some debt, but I would say most of it is paper debt, Eddie is just using it to move money from point A to Point B, Through Point X,Y and Z, and therefore lowering his tax liability

Pretty much.

He doesn't live in the IoM and have his businesses registered in Bermuda for fuck all.

#taxdodger

So he's a millionaire but he has to live on a rock in the Irish Sea, formerly a penal colony for 'bumboys', where they still follow the Cyril Smith view of corporal punishment and you take your life in your hands (from death by resin rocket - a superbike not a dildo) crossing the road for a bottle of milk? Brilliant.

These tax dodging scumbags ('our' Eddie aside, obviously - he likes horse-drawn trams) who elect to live on the Isle of Man, is it like being 'on tag'? Do they have to be back on the Isle of Man before 10pm every evening? Do they have to report to a Police Station in Douglas during Royal Ascot, Cowes Week and Wimbledon?

I think Blackburn might be the best in our league. Average attendance is (or, more likely, was) something like 20% of the population

I think Burnley are supposed to have the highest support to population ratio.....mainly because Burnley itself is quite small. It's bullshit though, because Burnley draw in support from a large number of surrounding small towns where there's very little else to do. (Nelson, Colne, Padiham, Accrington, Bacup, Barnoldswick etc etc etc & at one time even some from Yarkshire, Todmorden etc, giving them a large catchment area.

I think Blackburn also get a good number from Darwen & Accy type places.

I'd say BWFC's support from within Bolton itself is quite good, but we suffer badly by being surrounded by other teams which gives us a limited catchment area. Unfortunately, recent years have certainly seen an increase in gloryhunting shite in the town.

Absolutely. They have a local pride that just seems to be absent in Bolton.

Very rarely do you see United and Liverpool shirts up round there.

Blackburn? Behave yourself.