Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Spotify

worthy10

Tell me more. My mini hifi thingy in the kitchen has just gone tits up, so needs replacing.

From what I gather its one speaker that you use your ipad to stream stuff to?

They sound decent? They stream radio as well?

Aye

One speaker

The easiest and best way to use it is spotify for a tenner a month.

You then need to download the sonos system to a computer/laptop/tablet/phone (i use iphone) and use that as the remote control.

Sound is ridiculously good and louder than you could ever want it.

aye can stream radio as well.

Iv always said my mac is the best thing iv ever bought, the sonos and spotify beats it.

• Members

Tell me more. My mini hifi thingy in the kitchen has just gone tits up, so needs replacing.

From what I gather its one speaker that you use your ipad to stream stuff to?

They sound decent? They stream radio as well?

Pah.  Just get one of these.  You can have music wherever you want and not have to fork out each month.  Built-in radio too.

fm_am_stereo_radio_cassette_1230715.jpg

Aye

One speaker

The easiest and best way to use it is spotify for a tenner a month.

You then need to download the sonos system to a computer/laptop/tablet/phone (i use iphone) and use that as the remote control.

Sound is ridiculously good and louder than you could ever want it.

aye can stream radio as well.

Iv always said my mac is the best thing iv ever bought, the sonos and spotify beats it.

Nice one. Ta for that

That's my birthday present sorted then.

I use Sonos and it's the mutt's nuts. I use it for radio and my iTunes. I haven't tried it with Spotify though. I'll have to have a look at that.

I use the same thing with Spotify premium and it's genuinely the best combo I've ever bought.

Sonos cost £159 - Spotify £10 a month. Reckon I've saved myself a couple of hundred quid in CD purchases since buying it 12 months ago.

I also subscribed to Spotify, haven't got a Sonos system, but I do have a portable bluetooth Bose speaker which is pretty decent. I've got music on all the time know. Like Kent_White, I reckon I've saved loads of money of over the last 12 months or so. I reckon the £9.99 per month I spend on Spotify is well worth it

Does spotify have a better catalog than napster?

I got a free subscription to napster when I bought my sonos, now I pay so am considering changing. Noticed napster service didnt have arctic monkeys stuff when looked the other day.

I don't know how Spotify compares to Napster. I know Spotify does have The Arctic Monkeys, but there are a lot of folk it doesn't have as well...such as AC/DC, Led Zep, Pink Floyd, The Beatles and Oasis....I'm sure there's many more as well.

I don't know how Spotify compares to Napster. I know Spotify does have The Arctic Monkeys, but there are a lot of folk it doesn't have as well...such as AC/DC, Led Zep, Pink Floyd, The Beatles and Oasis....I'm sure there's many more as well.

Noticed they didn't have the Miley Cyrus new song the other day when i was trying to remember the name to watch the video.

There's very little I haven't been able to find on Spotify that I want to listen to. Including some really obscure stuff. Anybody who opts out is fair game for hooky downloading in my eyes.

It's fantastic. I've got it through sonos in my lounge, kitchen, garage and garden in summer. Will get it in more rooms as time goes on. Use spotify on iPod anywhere with wifi so great on holiday and u can download tracks to store on device for when wifi not in range. I pay a tenner a month for premium and haven't bought a cd since I got it about a year ago. U can get suggested playlists based on a certain song u like so opens up new stuff and lots of obscure stuff as well as main stream and loads of radio stations.

Downside is if u cancel u will lose ur tracks so in principle they've got u for life. Also if wifi crashes ur stuck.

I've got a nas drive and am burning all existing CDs and use it on the sonos so have a full collection if spotify fucks up.