Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Loco Works Htown

Winchester White

• Site Supporter

Its greenbelt all along that bit of motorway...not happening

aye, the plans I'm on about are from the 60's when motorways were the brave new world, and the initial reason why a junction was missed, not even up for consideration now as far as i'm aware.

though the fact it is green belt wouldn't halt it if they decided they wanted it

and yeh,the M58 would have come in  jnc7 but a link was mooted from the initial link from 7 to the new towns projects

edit for annoying spelling 

Edited by fatolive

Oddly, unlike pit towns, yes.  ;)

I'm old enough to remember the place being open.  As a kid I recall the annual open day where we could go and play on the trains & stuff.

Not to bad in Leigh, looks like they are scraping some ground on Atherleigh Way to make way for another Supermarket.

• Site Supporter

To be fair all of Bolton (and surrounding Parishes) is usually within a stone's throw from a shithole(s)...

Aye, most places in/near large conurbations have that problem. Given that Htown is surrounded by Lostock, Blackrod, Adlington and Rivington I don't think the local residents of all these localities figure they are doing half bad by general Bolton standards.

• Moderators

Are there really so many people want to come and live in H. I thought it was a shithole?

i definitely dont see the attraction

your end is nice, no doubting it

but i didn't realise til about 18 months back that its not a village, its just a big sprawling mess

• Moderators

Aye, most places in/near large conurbations have that problem. Given that Htown is surrounded by Lostock, Blackrod, Adlington and Rivington I don't think the local residents of all these localities figure they are doing half bad by general Bolton standards.

its not what its surrounded by, its what its got as its heart :)

i definitely dont see the attraction

your end is nice, no doubting it

but i didn't realise til about 18 months back that its not a village, its just a big sprawling mess

I agree.  When I was young it was pretty much a big village but not now, it's just houses on houses upon houses. I'd certainly not live over the bridge or on one of the new estates which back onto the M61 but folk want different things from where they live I suppose & easy access to M61 & the Middlebrook is what folk moving around Htown area probably want.

I've got a genuine phobia of housing estates, not sure if there's a technical term but they scare the shit out me if I drive through one. I'm happy living on the border at the other end & avoiding all the mess planners are making of the place. Thank Fuck for Lord Leverhume & his act of parliament  :)

Edited by no balls