Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Bolton V Wigan

MickyD

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wonder how many they will bring this time?

They took 3800 to City today, and over 3000 to Europe on a couple of occasions but I'm sure they've never brought more than 2500 to us.

Their support appears to be growing with their recent success which is a shitter for us as we are competing for the same fans in some areas.

Their support appears to be growing with their recent success which is a shitter for us as we are competing for the same fans in some areas.

That's exactly why i don't understand people wishing them well. They are becoming proper rivals. More so than City or Utd who might as well be on a different planet to us.

Exactly. I live the same distance to Wigan as I do Bolton so it is worrying.  If I start seeing kids in HTown wearing Wigan tops I'll be upset.

That's exactly why i don't understand people wishing them well. They are becoming proper rivals. More so than City or Utd who might as well be on a different planet to us.

I don't see there success being long term but agree we should not want them to succeed there are kids in overlapping areas who might go on to support them over us but I don't see a long term future for Wigan success once Whelan pops his clogs.

Can we make Wigan our proper rivals then??

There is a massive vacancy there,and they hate us.

Let's do it and stop looking so small time hating a global superpower

I tell you what, why not create a marketing hate campaign as a project which you can showcase as a powerpoint presentation during your modship interview.

Can we make Wigan our proper rivals then??

There is a massive vacancy there,and they hate us.

Let's do it and stop looking so small time hating a global superpower

I can help instruct people in hating the twats, I have to live here so I'm already well versed

Exactly. I live the same distance to Wigan as I do Bolton so it is worrying. If I start seeing kids in HTown wearing Wigan tops I'll be upset.

They might be doing it discreet, but it's already happening. Though I suppose it evens out with the number of BWFC fans in Aspull, Hindley etc.

They might be doing it discreet, but it's already happening. Though I suppose it evens out with the number of BWFC fans in Aspull, Hindley etc.

Going through Hindley feels like crossing a border into the past.

They're all dressed like it 1997 and I've never seen anyone with a football, ALL the kids have rugby balls even the girls.

They're all dressed like it 1997 and I've never seen anyone with a football, ALL the kids have rugby balls even the girls.

Latics can win all they like, it's a rugby town first and foremost. Pubs were full at 8am the other week for the Club World Cup

Summat to Ate sticks out like a sophisticated sore thumb on the main drag. Food's alright there though.

Summat to Ate sticks out like a sophisticated sore thumb on the main drag. Food's alright there though.

My Mrs has been mithering like fuck to go there for ages but something just doesn't look right for me, stuck between pound shops and that sugar shack thingy it just doesn't appeal to me. 

Dunno if I just happen to pass at the wrong times but it's always dead too. Lad at work reckons the foods pretty good though.

My Mrs has been mithering like fuck to go there for ages but something just doesn't look right for me, stuck between pound shops and that sugar shack thingy it just doesn't appeal to me. 

Dunno if I just happen to pass at the wrong times but it's always dead too. Lad at work reckons the foods pretty good though.

It does get busy.  I suppose it's an oasis in a desert. The lad at your works is right though, honest.

By Christ it's embarrassing when someone mentions city and Man U as our main rivals.

Not even in the same league, never mind planet.

Wigan are already our biggest rivals alongside Blackburn.

Yet moon men after 8 pints still sing 'we only hate man utd'. Bet Man U proper get wound up after that