Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Todays Games

superjohnmcginlay

9 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Maybe.

But the more successful ones tend to keep their's longer. Even Chelsea have been less successful when chopping and changing, albeit that none stay for too long even when doing fairly well.

Sometimes, success takes a while, especially if it's to be sustainable. 

Agreed long term projects are favourable but looking at Conte’s CV, especially the last 2 jobs, he’s come in, done a cracking job for 2 years and then left.

Spurs will want a top 4 finish and a trophy from him. Wouldn’t be surprised to see him deliver one or both and then leave.

• Site Supporter
50 minutes ago, Mantra said:

That’s good for a manager in the prem

34 minutes ago, DazBob said:

I'd be amazed if he's there that long.

I wonder if he was offered a guaranteed 3 years he’d take it. I reckon he’d snatch it.

11 hours ago, Zico said:

He'll probably stay till his deal runs out in June 2023 

Be amazed if he stayed on longer if something else comes up

£20m pa, £500k pw. 3yr contract. 

Add his entourage, expenses and all the bits & bobs. Not to mention bonus', signing on fees etc. You can double the above I guess.

Then factor in terminating Nuno & his mob after 4 months of a 2 yr contract. Say £40m all told. Currently 9th btw, even after the feeble performance on Saturday. 

It's an expensive job this sacking people. 

• Moderators
16 minutes ago, Dr. Feelgood said:

Add his entourage, expenses and all the bits & bobs. Not to mention bonus', signing on fees etc. You can double the above I guess.

Then factor in terminating Nuno & his mob after 4 months of a 2 yr contract. Say £40m all told. Currently 9th btw, even after the feeble performance on Saturday. 

Everything I've read seems to think it's an 18 month deal 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-10154245/Antonio-Contes-expected-Tottenham-isnt-quite-right-closer-inspection.html

Surprised it too Levy so long to realise Santos would be a shit appointment

• Members
16 minutes ago, Dr. Feelgood said:

They’re 5 points off 4th, if he got them there they’d win about £140m in total prize money.

Conte on 18month deal. Spurs aren’t making him the highest paid manager in the prem not yet anyways. He’ll only be bringing 4 staff the same as when he went to Inter.

• Site Supporter

Table doesn’t look good tonight. Down to 16th, 4 points off bottom 4 😩.

Big game against Crewe. Hopefully that win tonight and one on Sunday will send the boys into the Friday night game with a bit of confidence. A couple of league wins will have us moving in the right direction. 

3 minutes ago, desperado said:

Table doesn’t look good tonight. Down to 16th, 4 points off bottom 4 😩.

Big game against Crewe. Hopefully that win tonight and one on Sunday will send the boys into the Friday night game with a bit of confidence. A couple of league wins will have us moving in the right direction. 

It doesn’t but we’re 8 points off a play off place and we’ve played a lot of the top sides already. I’m looking up not down.