Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Todays Games

superjohnmcginlay

13 hours ago, tomski said:

Winning 15 on the bounce then saying standards look to be notch down seems a bit disingenuous to me.

Good to see different teams in the mix. They currently deserve their place at the top table. For how long who knows.

Emery has won so much in his career it seems mad he was ever written off.

You're right on Emery, it was my mistake to underestimate him. Re standards, Villa fantastic certainly not taking anything away from them. My comment was more that Arsenal, City and Liverpool (and possibly Newcastle) don't look as strong as last year, overall. All 3 scratching out results rather than looking convincing, to me.

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Johnnyrotten said:

You're right on Emery, it was my mistake to underestimate him. Re standards, Villa fantastic certainly not taking anything away from them. My comment was more that Arsenal, City and Liverpool (and possibly Newcastle) don't look as strong as last year, overall. All 3 scratching out results rather than looking convincing, to me.

Arsenal definitely stronger having signed Rice and Havertz, got a much better midfield now

12 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Fulham well on form at the moment. 

Excellent cross from Paulinho, well taken by Raul - but I'm still loving that pass from Grealish that Alvarez fucked up - thing of beauty.

Luton look like they're going to be hard work for us - they have serious grit and a bit of quality.

Edited by Wanderlust

Just now, Wanderlust said:

Excellent cross from Paulinho, well taken by Raul - but I'm still loving that pass from Grealish that Ramirez fucked up - thing of beauty.

Luton look like they're going to be hard work for us - they have serious grit and a bit of quality.

worst kind of team for us to face.

• Members
18 minutes ago, Wanderlust said:

Excellent cross from Paulinho, well taken by Raul - but I'm still loving that pass from Grealish that Alvarez fucked up - thing of beauty.

You'd have to think they won't be starting the same eleven though

They're playing with much more urgency now - more like they played when Pep first arrived - but I reckon there's some complacency in this current City squad, perhaps even a sense of entitlement and disrespect for the likes of Luton - and if they start off games with that attitude it's always going to be a struggle for them.

That said they nearly scored but for a great save from Kalinski.

Silva hooks it in for the equaliser