Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Todays Games

superjohnmcginlay

15 minutes ago, BeeversLeftPeg said:

He dropped Rodri to the bench

Fernandinho wasnt it. 

No holder and Chelsea just strolled through them untill Pep put him on but it was too late.

Aguero on the bench and Sterling on left didnt help either. Way overthunked it.

5 hours ago, Dr. Feelgood said:

He's not, actually, sacked yet ... is he ?

Like a lot of footballers they see their careers as mobile & put down roots in one chosen place. Settled for the kids & Mrs. though they mustn't see much of each other.

Steve Cooper lives about half a mile from me & passes my place walking his dog regularly. Quite a friendly, chipper guy. If he's not on his phone he'll have a small chat. He IS on his phone a lot though.

Not seen him much since the Summer.

DOG could have Died

5 hours ago, Marc505 said:

I see Joey Barton is talking his real truths again on twitter now he's jobless 

Listened to his book last year. Basically everything is somebody else's fault and every tale ended with a "needless to say I had the last laugh" situation.

Next level narcissism 

If didn't  have a career in football he'd be stealing his neighbours cats and torturing them.

Wrong un.

• Members
19 hours ago, radcliffe white said:

Villa win the league? Nobody thought Leicester would in 2016 

Can definitely see them finishing in the top four. Don't particularly like that club but would be pleased for Emery if they did win the league, especially after his undeserved treatment from those entitled bastards from North London.

• Members
1 hour ago, DazBob said:

Postecoglu will be gone by this time next year. Seems a good bloke and his football is great to watch... but he's just a Greek/Aussie Kevin Keegan.

Now stop it FFS :lol: Obviously I would have a wry smile if your prediction came true but blind Freddie can see their recent results have been due to a horror show of suspensions and injuries. I suspect that he may be better than you think but would be happy enough to see you proved right.

These colonial types should stick to their own invented games where you get a point for missing.

2 minutes ago, waffer cup 07 said:

Wigan have given Utd 8,000 tickets. Rovers have given Leeds over 7,000 tickets. Two clubs desperate for a decent crowd. Rovers had 13,000 last game with around 1,500 away fans.

Before we get too cocky, let’s not forget we gave Leeds the whole of the South and half of WSL the other year. Shuddering thought. 

• Site Supporter
10 minutes ago, L/H White said:

Everton already out of the bottom 3 after their points deduction 

the standard of the premier league is dross 

Maybe they're just better than a bottom 3 side. They weren't in the bottom 3 before it, and weren't likely to stay for long.

They have a very decent away record, and after a bad start, are showing up quite well.

3 hours ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Maybe they're just better than a bottom 3 side. They weren't in the bottom 3 before it, and weren't likely to stay for long.

They have a very decent away record, and after a bad start, are showing up quite well.

not many sides recover from such points deductions

it just shows how weak all the other sides are 

6 hours ago, Leyther_Matt said:

Before we get too cocky, let’s not forget we gave Leeds the whole of the South and half of WSL the other year. Shuddering thought. 

Lost 2-1, can't believe it was 8 years ago.  Attendance 17,336 - so probably 12k Bolton fans.  If we got drawn v Leeds now I'd expect less, interest in the cup games seems even lower now.  We had over 8k v Eastleigh in the previous round for a night match, we struggle to get over 5k home fans for comparable games now. 

• Site Supporter
3 hours ago, L/H White said:

Perhaps so, but as I said, they may well be more than 10 points better than the weakest teams.

I don't think the league is as bad as you make it out to be. As ever, some just don't cut it, and drop. 

Others are much better, and Everton happen to be one of them.

1 hour ago, Johnnyrotten said:

Lost 2-1, can't believe it was 8 years ago.  Attendance 17,336 - so probably 12k Bolton fans.  If we got drawn v Leeds now I'd expect less, interest in the cup games seems even lower now.  We had over 8k v Eastleigh in the previous round for a night match, we struggle to get over 5k home fans for comparable games now. 

Surprised that it was 8 years ago!

Leeds got 6,800 tickets so nearer to 10,500 Bolton fans 

Watched most of tonight and my god Birmingham are poor. Never looked like scoring. And I’m not surprised they’re so bad having watched Rooney’s pre match interview. Looked like he didn’t care less and couldn’t string a coherent sentence together. Pretty sure he said he’s told the team he wants them to be more naive. I can only assume that Rooney has never been interviewed for any of his management jobs. 

• Moderators
9 hours ago, L/H White said:

Nah, bollocks

Most teams getting points deductions are shit, so the penalty flushes em

Sadly, everton arent shit shit

Just shit

What it does show is that the penalty is nowhere near stiff enough

Cheating whining cunts

• Members
9 hours ago, L/H White said:

Or are Everton actually better than we give them credit for? The siege mentality thing will be harnessed to work for them and I can see them ending up mid table.

• Members
36 minutes ago, wiggy said:

Watched most of tonight and my god Birmingham are poor. Never looked like scoring. And I’m not surprised they’re so bad having watched Rooney’s pre match interview. Looked like he didn’t care less and couldn’t string a coherent sentence together. Pretty sure he said he’s told the team he wants them to be more naive. I can only assume that Rooney has never been interviewed for any of his management jobs. 

Never got the love in for him as a manager? What has he ever achieved in that role? Beats me.

• Moderators
10 hours ago, bolty58 said:

Never got the love in for him as a manager? What has he ever achieved in that role? Beats me.

Went to Derby away last season 

They have a montage of ex players and legends around the ground 

And he's one of them 

Bizarre