Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Todays Games

superjohnmcginlay

• Site Supporter

The team? Couldn't give a fuck.

Ultimately, every team is packed to the gunnels with millionaire tarts and that's not the point. We normals don't have to spend time with them.

We DO have to spend time with the supporters and for that reason, i just pray they fail.

• Moderators

I couldn't give two shits how scousers are perceived or how their fans behave.

What I see football wise is outstanding and wish em all the best.

Does that make me a scouse sympathiser? Does it fuck.

I just know good football when I see it.

why?

If you wish.

It might prevent some of us misinterpreting what you meant.

It seemed perfectly clear. I preferred not to partake though the sound of you'll never walk alone booming across the middlebrook car park was enough.

Forced grief is a 21st century disease.

I thought it was meant as a mark of respect to 96 fans who died at a football game, therefore I have no issue with it.

The JFT campaign and such like piss me off too, but that's not what yesterday was about. No fan should die at a game, irrespective of who they support or who was at fault.

We might not all agree with the "forced grief" as you put it, but once the decision had been made to delay kick offs for a tribute, then it would have been the right thing (IMO, of course) for all those attending the game to have made sure they were in place for the tribute.

I thought it was meant as a mark of respect to 96 fans who died at a football game, therefore I have no issue with it.

The JFT campaign and such like piss me off too, but that's not what yesterday was about. No fan should die at a game, irrespective of who they support or who was at fault.

We might not all agree with the "forced grief" as you put it, but once the decision had been made to delay kick offs for a tribute, then it would have been the right thing (IMO, of course) for all those attending the game to have made sure they were in place for the tribute.

For how long should we do this tribute?

Edited by boltondiver

why?

Because they have a backbone of English players.

Because they plucked a manager from the lower reaches of the league,gave him a shot and then gave him time when other clubs would have potted him within months.

Because they are fucking outstanding to watch and everything I love about football.

Because them being in contention takes the title even further from the grasp of Manchester,when 2-3 years ago it looked like it was there to stay.

Im not saying I want them to win the title by way as I couldn't care less.

Just think good on em for having a go in the most entertaining way possible.

I went in the ground after it as I didn't want to take part, I wasn't alone either. Oddly it was quite busy underneath too. I attended the game though.

How can you not want to take part in respecting the death of 96 football fans?

Fuck me sideways.

There were women and kids in that lot.

Those that died had fuck all to do with events after it.

Folk need to get a grip.

Guest Blixa

How can you not want to take part in respecting the death of 96 football fans?

Fuck me sideways.

There were women and kids in that lot.

Those that died had fuck all to do with events after it.

Folk need to get a grip.

Genuinely couldn't agree more. Well said.

Strip it all back and that's what it's all about.

Can we have the same debate about munich please ?

I can't honestly remember what the club do/did. Same as Bradford but the whole issue of the silences/tributes of other clubs is a debate worth having without being accused of being heartless or trampling on graves.

• Moderators

Because they have a backbone of English players.

Because they plucked a manager from the lower reaches of the league,gave him a shot and then gave him time when other clubs would have potted him within months.

Because they are fucking outstanding to watch and everything I love about football.

Because them being in contention takes the title even further from the grasp of Manchester,when 2-3 years ago it looked like it was there to stay.

Im not saying I want them to win the title by way as I couldn't care less.

Just think good on em for having a go in the most entertaining way possible.

See, apart from it not being Manchester, all that would apply to united in 92 or whatever

I don't think many whites wished them well

And why...it was nowt to do with the players...young local English lads

It was cos I can't stand them as a club...can't stand their day tripping support

Their belief they were special because they had been on the wrong end of a disaster

Then 20 years after that, they had thugs trashing grounds all points north south east and west

For united then, read Liverpool now

I can't honestly remember what the club do/did. Same as Bradford but the whole issue of the silences/tributes of other clubs is a debate worth having without being accused of being heartless or trampling on graves.

Not really a debate up in offing.

I just don't understand why you wouldn't want to join in a show of respect for 96 people that were crushed to death at a football game.

There's nothing political or mast nailing involved in offering your joint respect.

Just don't get it.

Like you say though its personal choice.

Nothing as queer as folk.

• Moderators

For me, it wasn't for the victims, it was a show of support for the Justice Campaign and the FA going OTT despite the fact they've never really accepted any responsibility for holding a badly organised event at an unsuitable venue .

Guest Blixa

Personally don't feel comfortable with anyone ruining tributes, no matter what the club/rivalry. Just seems petty and churlish (not that I'm including you in that - if you don't want to take part, that's your own call).

But the number of tributes, especially when they aren't relevant to your club, is something that seems to be on the rise and as such, makes such things less relevant.

Saying that, I don't think a 25 years on tribute for Hillsborough is out of the question. So many crushes in that era, could have happened to any club's fans and the fact that things changed after meant it didn't happen again.

Guest Blixa

For me, it wasn't for the victims, it was a show of support for the Justice Campaign and the FA going OTT despite the fact they've never really accepted any responsibility for holding a badly organised event at an unsuitable venue .

Personally, nothing against the justice campaign. If my kids / family were on the receiving end, I'd be every bit as vocal. Perhaps more so. I'd want people held to account.

it's not a reason to boycott the minutes silence as two wrongs don't make a right

but Arsenal fan at work (season ticket holder) told me the scousers ruined the minutes silence for Tom Finney at the Emirates

yet another reason to hate the cunts upon the millions of others