Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Todays Games

superjohnmcginlay

I see Messi has retired from International football

In a weird kind of way - it might do them a favour. When you've got a a player who is leagues ahead of anybody else on the pitch I reckon there's a tendency to rely on them.

A bit like me when I played for my school team. As soon as I got injured - they won every game. I can only put that down to their over reliance on me as a genius.

In a weird kind of way - it might do them a favour. When you've got a a player who is leagues ahead of anybody else on the pitch I reckon there's a tendency to rely on them.

A bit like me when I played for my school team. As soon as I got injured - they won every game. I can only put that down to their over reliance on me as a genius.

:D

Half of them are rumuored to be following him though

Messi being a bit pathetic I think. Pretty much translates to "I'm quitting because we can't win a trophy."

29 is far too young to retire from internationals. Don't really understand retiring from international football anyway. You should play as long as your country requires you. I think a lot of footballers do it for attention and to feel important.

• 3 weeks later...

In other news, Coutinho single-handedly beating a newly promoted championship team (1 day after their last friendly) proved that THIS is Liverpool's year!

I was at the Pies v Munich game yesterday, on a freebee, as I was with a mate over from NZ who wanted to see them.

MU had mostly a second string out, yet they won at a canter, with Wigan not having a shot on goal (they had Craig Davies up front). Jussi did ok in goal. But it was a terrible game.

6000 filth there, they never shut up, I was sat behind the goal opposite  the away end(which was closed) and that was also full of filth. Never heard a peep out of Wigan thoughout, as usual.

I was at the Pies v Munich game yesterday, on a freebee, as I was with a mate over from NZ who wanted to see them.

MU had mostly a second string out, yet they won at a canter, with Wigan not having a shot on goal (they had Craig Davies up front). Jussi did ok in goal. But it was a terrible game.

6000 filth there, they never shut up, I was sat behind the goal opposite the away end(which was closed) and that was also full of filth. Never heard a peep out of Wigan thoughout, as usual.

Johnstone, Fosu-mensah, Bailey, blind, shaw, carrick, Herrera, lingard, mkhitarayan, Memphis, Wilson

They should have bluddy won by 4 or 5

Can't believe there's an argument on here about a friendly betweenthem two teams

Closet Pinko's  -  'Baked will be most dischuffed.

Next thing, some of our staunchest fans will be wearing bright red hoodies  ;)